Book 7⌇14. Don't You Know How To Knock?!

Chapter 14 ∣  Don't You Know How To Knock?!

-Isis

His lips were soft and warm, but firm when Harlan captured my own with his. I'd inhaled sharply, my body pressing against his and creating a warmth that spread through my chest, spanning out to the rest of my limbs. My mind wasn't clouded, and I didn't feel any presence within me, so when wetness began to gather between my thighs, I was completely thrown off guard.

Something shattered the walls I'd built up over the years of disconnecting myself from everyone around me, my only focus on whatever assignment I was placed on.

One of Harlan's hands cupped the side of my cheek softly, my exhale much more forced than I wanted it to be, realizing that I'd stopped breathing altogether under his touch. While my heart returned to a steady rhythm, just louder, I allowed my eyelids to flutter shut, his tongue slowly running along my bottom lip.

That steady rhythm my heart attained wasn't held for long, the erratic skip of a beat the second his teeth nipped at my lower lip caused me to flinch slightly. He drew my lip between his teeth and sucked it into his mouth, a foreign moan escaping me as I breathed out. He continued kissing me, his footsteps causing me to take my own backward and knock into the side of the bed.

When his hands left my cheek and from around my waist, I gasped when he slid them down my back, over my butt and gripped the back of my thighs through my clothing. He took that moment to dart his tongue in between my lips, finding my own and coaxing it to dance with his.

This feeling...it was so different than anything I'd ever experienced, something I didn't want to let go and easily forget like any experience that deviated me from my path.

I was always able to find my way back, but all I wanted to do was get lost in Harlan...

When I began kissing him back, my arms lifted from my sides, my fingers slipping through his dark hair and entwining with the strands. Harlan lifted me from where I stood between him and the bed, laying me down gently against its covered surface while he hovered above me with hardly any effort. His kisses grew much deeper, passion fueling each last one that connected the two of us.

When his lips left mine, they were only to trail kisses down my neck, nipping at my flesh as he went and causing my body to pool with greater desire.

"Harlan..." I moaned quietly, his lips now on my collarbone.

When his eyes lifted to lock with my own, his lips pulled away for a moment as he said, "I don't want anyone else Isis...I've never wanted someone so badly than I do with you right here and now. I didn't mean to hurt you, that wasn't my intention," one of his hands reached up and he brushed the back of his knuckles against my cheek, "I didn't think it was even possible that whatever higher power out there gave me a mate. What have I ever done to deserve someone that might genuinely care about me? Nothing, I've done absolutely nothing to deserve that individual...and then to come and find out it's an angel."

He leaned on both of his elbows, propping himself up and lowering his lips to mine, "Not just an angel, a very beautiful, stunningly brave and courageous guardian angel who has selflessly lived her life for others...while I've only taken."

Harlan paused and his lips claimed mine in a very sweet and tender kiss, my stomach swirling with butterflies while my heart skipped another beat. When he pulled away once again he smiled down at me, "I want you to take me Isis...I want you to accept me into your life, your soul, your whole being before I even think about taking you into mine."

"Are you just trying to sweetly seduce me?" I asked uneasily, my body heated and Harlan's touch seemingly being the only source to soothe the ache I had for him to do much more to me...so much more.