Book 7⌇1. Adventure Awaits!

Chapter 1 ∣  Adventure Awaits!

"Be careful who you trust,

even the Devil was once an angel."

༺༒༻

•° •° •° •° •° •

Picture: Harlan

Harlan

"Harlan!"

Psh, like she thinks I'm going to respond to her speaking to me in that tone. Eh, we all know I'm going to have to anyways, after all, I'll always love my queen to bits!

I'd been hiding for the past few hours, away from their eyes. It was always such a delight to see Keegan and Adrasteia happy, my incubus king and vampire queen of the Dominion Plane, one of the many circles of Hell. It was something beyond lust and attraction that they had, something along the lines of true love. Once their son Scáth was born, he was the light of their lives, a strong bond between the three of them growing day by day.

I aided in training Scáth as he grew, but now the prince was no longer a mere child, but a teenager on the edge of young adulthood. His personality is interlinked between his mother and father, a very adventurous and spirited youth.

Ever since Adrasteia was pregnant with Scáth, I'd admitted my wanderlust of wanting to find exactly what Keegan and she have. The only problem, I hardly believe love exists in my world.

You know everything was going just perfect...well...aside from the one incident with...well, let's not going into that just yet. But! Whether it was Adrasteia believing I was depressed or slightly off, she brought it upon herself to inform Keegan of exactly what my heart yearned for. Because that's exactly what I asked for...

I am his commander.

I will not leave his side...

...unless he asks me to. Even then...I'd rather not search for something that isn't out there for me.

"Found you," her voice came from behind me when I decided to sneak a glance around a pillar in the palace. I whipped around and met her narrowed crystal blue eyes, her arms folded just under her very large...breasts...

"Yea, eyes up here," she grabbed my chin and I smirked at her. How could I help it when she had recently taken a liking to wear very low cut dresses, her light brown hair framing her flawless features. It was a nice change from her brutal and deadly assassin appearance, but, that was the fire that we all adored and the look she was giving me right now made me chuckle.

I sighed, "Oh come now, why are you following me?"

"I didn't initiate this game of hide and seek," she poked her finger against my chest and stated, "you did. I'm just better at seeking than you are at hiding."