Chapter One

© Kayy_B THE WOLF BABY

All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, without express permission from the author. All rights for the book cover image go to the rightful owner

*Not Edited*

Chapter One

I glared at the two pink lines willing for them to disappear, this could not be happening.

"What does it say?" My best friend Leah asked impatiently, as she paced across our bathroom floor.

I looked up and met her concerned blue eyes. "It's positive."

Leah sucked in a breath and closed her eyes tightly before reopening them. "Okay, okay. It could be a false alarm that always happens." She grabbed another pregnancy box and thrust it into my hands. "Here pee on another stick.

"I don't think this time is going to be any different from the four other I've tried." I told her nodding in the direction of then used pregnancy test on the counter.

Leah slumped onto the ground and ran her hands through her light brown hair. "Oh man, what I'm I going to do? My life is over."

"Your life?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yes! No more partying, no more booze, no more fun."

I sighed as I pulled her arms making her stand up. "As my best friend don't you think you should be telling me everything is going to be okay?"

"No, best friends shouldn't lie to each other." She replied sticking out her tongue making me laugh at her immaturity.

My laughter quickly dies as I remember I'm pregnant. "What am I going to do?" I whisper as the reality of being pregnant finally hits home.

"You're going to be fine." Leah muttered. "I'm going to be here with you every step of the way. As much as a prick Josh is, I don't think he'll abandon his baby."

"Oh man." I started to wail. "Josh isn't even the father."

"What do you mean? You've been dating him for ages. Did you cheat on him?" She asked looking shocked.

"No. Remember we went out that night a couple of months ago after Josh and I broke up?"

"Yeah, you almost drank the whole bar dry that night." Leah laughed and motioned for me to carry on.

"I was upset and I just wanted to get my mind off Josh. I kinda slept with someone." I told her, my voice going quieter and quieter as I said each word.

"You had a one night stand?" Leah gasped, her eyes so wide I was worried her eyes might pop out. "You're Miss Prude, you lost your virginity at 20 and made Josh wait over a year before you did him and you had a one night stand?"

I groaned loudly. "I just wanted to have fun that night and I made a mistake."

"Woo! I'm proud of you!" Leah cheered, swinging her arms up in the air like a crazy person.

"You're proud because I got knocked up by a one night stand?" I glared at her making her quickly stop swinging her arms in the air.

"Well not that, but awh my baby is finally growing up." She cooed giving me a huge smile.

"Really? You just had to say baby?"

"Oops accident." She shrugged. "Relax, you're going to be fine."