My Fighter [16.5]

My Fighter [16.5]

The doorman at the hotel greets us with a smile. He's a younger guy, handsome with a tall and fit figure. My tipsy friends giggle as he steps forward to take the bags from the trunk. Mar, who has already had a lot to drink, pinches his cheeks.

"You're adorable." she says to him.

"I'm seventeen." The boy says and then casts a glance down towards her engagement ring. Immediately Mar's hands are off his face. Still she continues to stare at him. I understand why. He looks older than seventeen. I would have guessed at least twenty, maybe twenty-one. I think it all rests in the scruff adorning his face and the strong jaw line.

"And you're getting married." I remind her, which I think I'm going to be saying a lot to her tonight and tomorrow.

Dakota steps up to the bell boy as he's loading the bags onto a cart. "You're going to make someone a very lucky girl." She stumbles over the word someone and I can see his lips tug up in a smile.

"Boy actually." I look down at his name tag that reads Marcus.

Dakota nods with a smile, "Well I hope you find him one day."

"I already have." It brings tears to my eyes for some reason. I can see the love in his eyes and hear it in his voice. Whoever this boy is he is very lucky. "Are you alright?" He asks me.

"Just emotional."

His eyes travel to my stomach where my hands are resting. My hands never seem to leave the top of my stomach. It calms me down, being able to feel my sons moving and kicking against my palms. "Are you due soon?"

"In March," I tell him.

"Boy or girl?"

"Twin boys."

All the while he's asking me question after question he's loading our bags onto a cart. Why I thought I would need more than a duffel bag for today and tomorrow morning was beyond me. At least I wasn't the only who thought I would need more than one bag. Marcus smiles at me when he has all of the bags out of the trunk. "Congratulations."

"Thank you."

The bell boy follows us into the lobby. Dakota steps up to the edge of the counter and folds her hands on the wood. My friend reels in her tipsy mind and quickly checks us into our hotel room. Nick got us a large almost-presidential-but-not-quite room on the second to top floor. Mar's mom, Morgan, holds to door open for Marcus as he wheels in our bags. He then begins to unload them for us.

I thank him as he goes to leave and I slip a few bills into his hand. "I can't take this much." He said.

"Of course you can. Take your boy on a nice date."

He smiles at me, "Thank you and congratulations on your twins."

Our room is bigger than we need for just four people. A cheaper bedroom with two beds would have been better, more convenient and not as high up. I just need somewhere to get them all safely into bed tonight. There's a living room area and a small kitchen. It has a microwave and a refrigerator for us to use, although we won't need it much. A large bathroom is off to the side and two bedrooms each with two full size beds. A small balcony looks out on the city. I can see the lake from here.

In the living room a dessert and alcohol cart are set out for us. There's multiple bottles of champagne sitting in silver tubs of ice. Stronger alcohol and small glasses are sitting on the lower layer of the cart. I immediately head for the chocolate covered strawberries. I feel no regret in sitting in the couch and eating all of them. The rest of the girls only have a few drinks from the alcohol cart. They all knew we had a long night ahead of us and plenty of drinking.