My Fighter [2]

My Fighter

Chapter Two

"I'm glad we finally have our own home."

It took an entire week, a whole seven days and seven nights, for Colton and I to finally agree on a single house. He was very picky when choosing one. We wanted a house that isn't so far away from either of our parents, a single story with a pool and a two car garage. We ended up finding one five miles from my dad and ten miles from his parents. Colton pushed for the one story and I pushed for the pool. We had found loads of one story houses without a pool and a couple two story houses with a pool, but finally we found the house we were looking for.

Our new home is a three bedroom, three bathroom house with an open living room and kitchen and a sliding glass door that leads out to the pool. It already had a nice color scheme of neutral colors we are planning to keep, one less job for us to do. Colton had really pushed for the one story house because he didn't want any future kids of ours to fall, which I found to be very sweet but already incredibly annoying. The last few weeks all he could talk about was having kids and having kids.

During college I had decided to not go towards becoming an athletic trainer and instead did a bunch of online classes to become a teacher. I have already been hired as a third grade teacher at the local elementary school and would be starting as soon as September came which was in a few months. I was excited, already been given my classroom and had begun buying school supplies and bean bag chairs. Colton was excited about how excited I was, especially because working around little kids always makes me want to have some of my own, which mad Colton really excited for me to start my job.

The summer months had just started, bringing in the Florida heat and humidity. Colton's still going through physical therapy and his therapist had just told him he wouldn't be able to play this upcoming season. The news bothered him but then he seemed to be okay with the news. He wouldn't tell me why when I asked, just kept a smile on his lips and zipped him mouth shut.

"I am too." I tell him. He wraps his arms around my waist from behind and rests his chin on my shoulder. I can feel the stubble of his jawline on my cheek. "A place to finally call ours."

On the way home from California, when the newlywed couple had gone straight to their honey moon we had decided that we were going to move out. Before we lived in a smaller house next to my father, which was a home but both my parents and Colt's parents had helped us pay and we wanted some place that was truly all ours. So when we got home, we went to searching. This place was relatively cheap for what Colton makes playing in the NFL, but we didn't want something too expensive or too big.

The movers had moved in all the furniture in less time than I thought it would take and since Colby couldn't exactly help them move the heavy couch or the bed, it was extremely helpful. By nightfall, the living room was done and our bed was set up in our room. There are still boxes on the floor that were labeled with different things and I made a note to unpack all the kitchen stuff tomorrow morning. That was what I needed to get done with first.

"And a place to raise our children." His hands come up from my waist to my stomach.

"That's all you can think of lately, having children. Is that all you married me for, to carry on your last name?" I know that's not the reason, I know he really does love me but I can't help but get mad. That's all he's talked about for the past month. Our future kids this, our future kids that. Hell, he came home a few days ago with baby clothes. He had a set of onesies for both a girl and a boy because he wanted at least one of each. He doesn't outright say he wants a boy first, but I know he does. I just want to go one day without having to think about having children.