chapter twenty-two

It took Melanie a long time to finally recollect herself when she awoke, but when she did, she awoke with a sick feeling inside her chest. She could still feel the nightmares of the night before clinging onto her skin like sweat, so she sat up and rubbed her hands across her face and body to try and rub away the feeling, but that did nothing.

Slowly, she sighed and peered to the other side of the bed to see that she was alone, and Wylde was no where in sight.

He was probably downstairs, making breakfast, she thought warily. But she didn't want to see him, she didn't want to see anyone - not right now at least.

The images of Elias flashed in her mind, and she felt a number of chills overcome her body. She felt his hands on her body, feeling her with his malicious touch, his lips on hers, and the mere images and thoughts and feelings left this sensation of vomit rising in her chest, making her sway with nausea. She quickly clutched her abdomen with shaking fingers and she choked, trying not to let it out right then and know and directly on her bed.

But it wasn't going to go down without a fight.

In a couple of moments, the feeling was back but stronger than ever. She was up in seconds and she dashed to the bathroom, not bothering to close the door behind her as she sprinted to porcelain toilet and collapsed at the mouth, hunching her back over the opening and spilling out the contents of her stomach into the base. She heaved and heaved, never letting up as her body contracted and released, abdomen seizing and retreating, and finally, she collapsed back at her heels, wiping her mouth with the back of her hand with a moan.

Slowly, Melanie stood, flushed the toilet then anchored herself at the sink. She flicked on the faucet and dipped her head down, splashing the cold water across her face and washing the film of sweat from her skin. She used the water to rinse out her contaminated mouth and she gargled some Listerine, trying to rid of the horrid flavor left on her tongue, but with no avail.

Melanie automatically went through her routine of washing her face, brushing her teeth and combing out her hair, but she payed extra attention to her mouth; wanting to rid of the foul taste of throw up from the corners of her tongue and crevasses of her teeth that still lingered since the mouthwash hadn't helped much. When she was done, she leaned against the counter and stared at herself in the mirror, examining her deep features and shimmering pale skin that was glistening with dripping water. With a sigh, she jerked away and walked out of the bathroom and stormed from her bedroom.

Melanie hurried down the stairs with rapid feet and passed by questionable glances that her father and Dean gave her from the couch as she peered into the kitchen, only to find Wylde wasn't there either.

"Where's Wylde?" She asked, looking quizzically back at Dean and Sam who payed no attention the TV.

"Thought he was with you." Dean said without so much of a blink of an eye.

And she thought he was downstairs.

"He's not." Melanie said, furrowing her eyebrows together. "Did he leave?" Melanie didn't know how she felt about that option. If Dean didn't know where he was, then that almost ruled out the possibility of Wylde leaving because Wylde was smart enough to let his friend know where he was going.

Or that he was going at all.

"I don't think so." Sam said as he stood, walking around the couch and checking the table to see that Wylde's car keys where still lying there. "His keys are still here." He touched them gingerly, just barely gliding his fingers across the metal.

"I'll call him." Dean announced, hopping up from the couch and walking into the kitchen where Melanie assumed his phone was located. She couldn't help but feel a sliver of fear imbed itself in her skin, but she didn't show it.