| Chapter 19. |

They buried Shianne's father 2 weeks later. Then, a few days later, the ME came back, ruling his death as self defense. Aaron was over the moon. The last two weeks had been tough for both of them, but now, that part that's been eating at him was all over. At least when it came to Shianne. And thankfully, turns out, her mother had a sister who lived right outside of BK so upon the loss, that's where she had been staying. While Aaron and his father were put up in their own place the day after, courtesy of the FBI. When that day came, Aaron didn't expect the bittersweet feeling of leaving Miss Lulu, and all her grand kids that winded up adoring Cousin Aaron. All except Imani. But regardless, for a second there, Aaron almost forgot that he was starring in his own telenovela.

One filled with a whole lot of drama. So when reality set in that he was an simple kid from Italy running the streets of New York with the Cobras, he almost screamed. And not only that, because honestly he was doing great on his own, but now his father was accompanying him. Since his mother was after them both and her husband was planned on testifying. Oh yeah, did he mention his mother was trying to kill him?

Because she was. And the second he started showing out for the Cobras became the second his mother found her son. She had connections everywhere. So, when Miss Lulu called Aaron and asked him to come over, he was a bit surprised at the turn around. But at least he found out the reason his mother was after him.

"Hey honey," Miss Lulu greeted him at the door, with both a kiss and a tight squeeze. "How are ya?"

Aaron hugged her back, kissing both her cheeks as well. "Good, good. I can see you missed me. I missed you too."

Miss Lulu smiled. Though, she knew it was temporary, she developed a special bond with Aaron. After all, he lived in her home and made sure that Miss Lulu knew she was appreciated, while most she let stay there were so scared, they never even spoke to her. But Aaron was different. Angry at first then soon became more relaxed and happy. Even before he turned to the streets. She wanted to assume it was a pretty girl making him smile through his situation.

"Coffee?"

"You know it," His smile was bright, as he followed her to the kitchen. On the table, there was a decent sized box, wrapped up in baby boy gift paper, with a blue bow tied on top. "What's this?"

"Huh, sugar?" Miss Lulu turned around from the dishes she was washing to glance at him. "Oh that. That's yours baby."

Confused, Aaron began inspecting the box. "Mine? What for?"

"I'm not sure. Was here when I got home last week." And that's all she had to say before Aaron wasted no time in undoing the bow, opening the box and revealing a baby blue blanket for infants. Still in the box, there was a note.

To My Only Son,

Being your mother is and will always be a dream. You are the most sweetest and loving boy. Gentle and kind, always doing what you find to be the right thing. I know you. I know you very well, Mi Gigio. Just like I know you've adapted in NY, straying from your first language to your second. But that's okay. I'll speak to you how you've been speaking to them. Running away from who you are to who you think you can be is YOU, Aaron. I know it. As your mother, I reason with you. As a woman, I cannot allow you to destroy what I've built. In time, maybe you''ll come to see the world as I have. But I cannot wait until then. You have something of mine, bambino. And I'll fight to get it back.

"What is it, baby?" Miss Lulu was standing next to him now, pouring coffee into the two mugs she sat out on the table for her and Aaron.

"Um," Aaron paused, hiding the note. "I have to run upstairs. Think I left something in my room."

"Go on, baby." Aaron nodded, running upstairs to what used to be his room and pulling open the drawers of what used to be his dresser. Lifting the piece of wood, he reached for the flash drive he had hidden the last few months. He sighed in relief, upon locating it. He didn't know what it meant or what was on it, but he was glad to have kept it all this time. Edward gave it to him, so for that, he felt entitled. He knew that was bad, but now his blood was boiling as he began heading to the computer that he had brought for himself and allowed the family to keep as a thank you gift.

He put the flash drive in, watching the scene unfold in front of him. On camera, it was his mother and some man standing around in a warehouse. They were arguing back and forth, when the man moved, revealing 1 teen- about 13, 1 woman and a child- maybe 7, tied up on the floor, crying for their lives to be spared. Aaron's mother and the man screamed some more, before she pulled out a gun and shot all 3. Handing the gun to the same man next to her, she walked off, picking up a pile of money and leaving. Aaron watched closely, seeing that the man was in fact Edward- his personal driver.

That made him run the video back, listening close and realizing that they were arguing in regards to whoever the 3 people were on the floor. Upon his 2nd listen, he realized that these people were family members of someone his mother did not want to make upset. And she went on and killed them. Putting two and two together, Aaron pieced that this was the reason his mother was after him. The evidence on this would not only send her to jail, but would be proof to the man after her that she was responsible for the deaths of his loved ones and he would do the same, ending her life as well as her empire.

But Edward was the one with the drive. Edward had the video. And Alessia wasn't dumb. Edward was planned on turning her in. Jail or being caught by the other mafia wasn't ideal for Alessia, so she wanted Edward killed. And it was done. But not picking up how much he adored her son, (he'd been taking care of him since he was a child), she didn't realize he would put it in Aaron's hands, knowing Aaron would do the right thing with the drive once he was gone...

Aaron turned off the video. His hand running down his face in disbelief. All of this was too much to take in. His mother not only wanted him dead, but she wanted him dead so that she could live after what she had done. He was disgusted. He took the flash drive out of the computer, heading back downstairs where he left Miss Lulu, calling Agent Hill.

"What is he doing here?' Imani was now seated where Aaron previously was, a scowl on her face as she eyed him up and down.

"I invited him over." Her grandmother replied, sipping her coffee.

"For what? He doesn't live here anymore. He can go."

"Imani Dolores!"

Aaron hung up the phone once he got her voicemail. "No, Miss Lulu. It's okay. I can speak for myself. What is your problem, Imani? I've never done anything to you."

"So? You being here is enough." She growled back, as he stifled a laugh.

"You're joking, right? I didn't choose to come here, I had too. And I did my best to adapt, even when shit, sorry for cussing Miss Lulu got tough, but you made it more difficult than needed be since day one. Why?"

She rolled her eyes, standing up. "Oh boo hoo. I made it tough for you, white boy? You have no idea what it's like to be tough. Tough is not having your mother around because she's a drug addict. Tough is her being on said drugs because she was raped by your white father. That's tough."

Aaron couldn't even pick his jaw up. "You don't like me because I'm white? That's it?"

Imani shrugged. "It's all I need."

"I would really hate to live life hating people the way you do. Not even trying to get to know them, just judging off the bat from their skin color. Gesù Cristo. We should be past that by now. My heart goes out to you for having such hate. I apologize for what your father did. In Italy, we say 'A volte lasciare andare le cose è un potere più grande che resistere.' Sometimes letting go of things is a greater power than holding on. And I'm happy I tried with you. I hope life works out for you in the end." She jumped when Aaron's arms suddenly went around her body, engulfing her in a hug.

He let go, walking over to Miss Lulu and giving her a hug as well. Kissing her cheek and apologizing for not drinking the coffee. Upon his way out, he opened the door, revealing Agents Hill and Black.

She spoke first, glad to see Aaron. "I was in the area when I noticed your missed call and your dad said you were here. Is everything okay?"

"Yes. I think I have something you'd want to see."