| Chapter 18. |

"You're the worst best friend in existence!" Shianne screamed through the Facetime call as Aaron blew out a breath. He knew once he confessed to Cristal, Shianne was going to have something to say. It was her dad, but what Aaron didn't expect was that she would be mad because he didn't tell her, not that he did it. "Do you have anything you want to say?"

He shook his head. "No, bambina. I told you you weren't going to have to worry anymore and though, I didn't mean for that to happen the way it did, I'll never hesitate pulling a trigger for you. Can't apologize for that."

She rolled her eyes. "Whatever Air. Don't call me again and I promise I won't call you. Don't need you to do anything on my behalf and lie about it ever again."

She hung up. And it took exactly one hour for her to call back. Well, 52 minutes but who was counting? Aaron couldn't, as he was already at her front door when she hit the green phone button, flowers and all, at the exact time he heard the sound.

Crashing, banging, never good noises when it was coming from Shianne's apartment. In anger, he pressed his ear to the door and wasted no time in barging in, shoulder coming straight through the door as he witnessed Shianne on the ground, her father standing over top of her attempting to bash her face in.

"Get the fuck off her!" Aaron wasted no time in throwing the man off his beloved, his own fist connecting in the same spot as a week ago, the crunching noise heard from the other side of the room. The man staggered back as Shianne held on to her ribs that were still healing, a waterfall of tears drenching her cheeks.

Aaron saw red, looking back at her father who he swore he made swallow a tooth. "You again? I should kill you for what you did!"

Her father lunged at him sloppily as his words escaped, Aaron able to quickly move out the way. "Do it. I'd rather me over her any day."

"When are you gonna give it up? She's my child and I'll do what I damn well please."

"Not on my watch." And Aaron swung again, Mr. Jones wrapping his arms around the teenager and pinning him to the floor. Aaron struggled under his body weight, Mr. Jones punching him in the face but Aaron took it like a man. At least he was off Shianne.

"This is what you want?" Her father looked to her, blood pouring out of Aaron's mouth this time. His eye was swelling and he could barely see, but he pushed himself to keep it open to the best of his capability. Even when he heard the crack to his nose. "This stupid ass white boy who can't take a beating like a man? I wanna see him protect your ass now."

"I'll... always..." The words were slow and hard to manage as Aaron reached for the vase that had fallen to the floor. "Protect Il mio bambino." Aaron hissed, the vase connecting to the right side of Mr. Jones' head unexpectedly and breaking into pieces. The man twice his age fell to the floor due to the impact, left side first as Shianne screamed for bloody murder. A moment passed without his movement and she ran to Aaron instead of her own dad, grabbing his face and kissing him all over as his eyes began shutting closed themselves. She sobbed uncontrollably, but all he could do was weakly smile, her beauty being the last thing he saw as he had no regrets and gave her hand a small reassuring squeeze. 

-

He was in the ER when he woke up, his body sore, nos broken and his eyesight dazed. But he knew his baby anywhere, even with blurry vision as she squinted her own eyes at him, hurriedly calling for the nurse at the sight of his big brown eyes. "He's awake! He's a-"

"Shush," Aaron whispered, grabbing her hand and pulling her back towards him. "I need a moment with you, please."

She sighed. "You scared me half to death."

"I'm not leaving you," She felt the tug on her arm and raised an eyebrow at him. "Please. Just lay here with me."

She didn't hesitate climbing into the small hospital bed upon his request, careful not to hurt the injured boy as he adjusted his body, Shianne's head on his shoulder, and his head on hers. They laid there in silence for a bit, taking in each other and the events that just went down a few hours ago.

"I've never had someone care about me the way you do," She wiped at her eyes, beginning to speak from her heart. "I never knew what a good guy was like. Or if they existed. But here you are. You're my person, Aaron. And that really really scares me."

"I just killed a man for you," He lifted her chin up, their lips centimetres away. "I don't think you need to be scared of me." 

And then, their lips met. It was only right in that moment. Shianne nearly melted at the soft feeling of Aaron's lips, sensually moving with hers as he sent daggers throughout her body. He cupped her face gently, his lips describing how much he loved her as he engulfed her in a bliss that you only feel once in a lifetime. She smiled as soon as he pulled away, feeling weak in the knees as he started giving her 5 simple pecks, saying they each represented how many months he waited to feel her touch.

"I have to get the nurse." She whispered, placing her forehead against his as she closed her eyes momentarily.

"I have a better idea," He kissed her nose, struggling to get up as he pulled all the wires off his body and made his way out of the bed, towering over her as he reached for the sheet for a bit of privacy. "Lascia che ti mostri quanto ti amo davvero."