| Chapter 20. |

"Y'all heard about the dudes from the West Brook break in? One of 'em woke up."

"Damn, it's been months. His ass was in a coma, right?"

"Yeah, he was. It's crazy bro," The one guy shook his head in disbelief. "Police gonna try to see if he remember anything before he was shot and put together what the others been saying too! This dude could have a name though."

"AJ!" Aaron turned away from the conversation he was listening into, maneuvering through the crowded hallways of Brooklyn High, as he was walking to his algebra class.

"Oh D," He turned to face the culprit of who was trying to get his attention. "What's up?"

Darien's face rang suspicious as Aaron put in his locker combination. "Aight nah, listen, this gon sound like a weird question I'm asking you, but I'm deadass."

"Okay?"

"You got a rubba?" The question was weird. And unexpected. If Aaron didn't know any better, he would think he was being punked as he went for the math textbook.

"Why would I have one of those?"

Darien rolled his eyes instantly, fixing his glasses. "Forgot your ass a virgin."

"Who told you that? And no, I'm not. I just wouldn't carry one in school," Aaron shut the locker, nodding his head in the direction he wanted Darien to follow. "Why you need one anyway? I never seen you with no girl before."

"I don't mess with no lil ass girls. A nigga like me needs a wo-man," Darien smirked, alongside his pal who had a blank face. "You joking, right? You don't know?"

"Know what?" Aaron zipped his book bag.

"AJ, I know everyone around here know about me and Audrey. Ain't no secret I've been tearing her walls down," Darien rolled his eyes. "Sorry, Miss Cummings."

"Excuse me?"

"Damn, you really ain't know? Thought everyone knew but stayed quiet because I'm, well, me. Aight then, yeah, she my lady, AJ. And I need to show my lady some appreciation during lunch if you don't mind. We like the thrill of the classroom."

Confused at how nonchalant Darien was being, Aaron decided to let this go. "Yeah... I don't have one. You can ask the nurse. Or better yet. Ask Mo."

Darien stifled a chuckle. "Ain't no way Mo using protection. That man a sad case. Thanks anyway though, AJ." And with that, Darien Orlando walked away. Leaving Aaron very confused. Did he just admit to an affair with a teacher like it wasn't illegal? You know what, never mind. Nothing was legal around here. And if anyone knew that, it was Aaron Joshua Russo.

At least Darien also had someone to keep him busy. Continuing his walk to his algebra class, Aaron stopped dead in his tracks at the sight of Lyric, standing outside the classroom with an angry scowl on her face. She stood up straight quickly once seeing him, her fingers running through her long weave.

"AJ." And when she said his name, it was like she was confirming she was looking for him, as Aaron had been avoiding her for some time now.

"Hey Lyric." He responded dryly, his hands tucking into his pockets as he seemed to lower his head. He wasn't one to break up with girls, especially when she was never his girl. "How are you?"

"Hey Lyric?" She tried mocking his Italian accent and failed. "I'm fine. Thought you forgot about me. Ain't see you in a minute."

Aaron nodded his head, biting on his lip. "Yeah, been busy. Actually glad to talk to you. I wanted to let you know I can't do this anymore."

"Do what?"

His shoulders formed a quick shrug. "Do us. I'm tryna focus on whatever baby and I got going on, and I can't really do that while still seeing you."

"You're what?" Lyric's jaw dropped as she rested a hand on her snatched waist. "I know you ain't just say you tryna focus on Shianne ugly ass."

"I told you to never disrespect her again. I do not handle people treating her wildly well. Last warning."

"I don't get it. So you call me up when you need your little dick sucked but you want to be with her? What the fuck, AJ." Lyric shouted, causing the students in the hallway to pause on their walks, looking over at the two making a scene in between class periods.

"I apologize for how poorly I treated you, Lyric but you knew we weren't serious." Aaron tried to be sweet but as always, Lyric heard his words and flipped them into something so far off.

"Weren't serious? Weren't serious? You playing now. You not gonna act like you wasn't on my line, asking me to hook you up? Coming over to my place and shit? What the hell, AJ?!"

"I'm sorry, Lyric," Aaron exhaled one more time, shaking his head and trying to walk away. "It's done."

"It's not done until I say it is." Lyric's fingers were wrapped around his wrist quickly, pulling him into her as she tried to shove her tongue down his throat. He managed to push her off successfully, shaking his head in disgust at how she was reacting.

"AJ! AJ!" Lyric called after the young man, her eyes looking everywhere but the crowd surrounding them. She was embarrassed. And wanted him to be. But he couldn't imagine the next two words coming out her mouth. "I'm pregnant!"

That made him stop. "You're what?"

"Pregnant," She flipped her hair over her shoulder, standing tall even though it was a lie. "And it's yours."

"Ain't no way in hell." Aaron replied quickly, muttering something in Italian under his breath as he began to walk away one more time. He was right about that, though. There was no way in hell. He lost his virginity to Shianne a few weeks ago in that hospital bed. Something he didn't admit to everybody but most definitely happened.

"Okay AJ! Walk off. I wonder how your poor little baby is going to take this one!" Was the last few words he heard, before he rounded the corner and disappeared. He needed to get to Shianne. And quickly.

He began a hustle, his phone ringing in his pocket and without a second glance, he answered it. Hoping it was Shianne, but unfortunately, was met with Agent Black's dulling tone. Telling him that he was heading home in just a few days...