| Chapter 4. |

"Niggas for real got balls now?" Aaron couldn't help but hear as Maurice spit out terrible profanity from the back of their last period class. Electronics. "He don't even know who he fuckin' with."

And no. Maurice wasn't talking about him. Maurice was talking about... well, Aaron really never knew what Maurice was talking about. It had been 2 weeks since his first day and since Maurice punched him in the face. His jaw was now back to normal, and he nor Maurice had ever mentioned it.

Honestly, he didn't think they would ever speak again. But he felt more comfortable being around him now, as long as he stayed out the way. So, Aaron sat in the front row, tapping his pencil against the wooden desk as he sighed lowly. Since the computer hadn't started yet, it was pretty much impossible for him not to hear Maurice and his squad's angry rant back and forth about nonsense. This went on almost everyday. And like everyday, the same unknown guy had the same response.

"Yeah, B. He don't know. Cobra's up in this bitch."

Aaron rolled his eyes, cringing in his seat before the door swung open and one of the most beautiful girls in Brooklyn walked in the classroom. Shianne Jones. Running a hand through her loose hair, she glanced up at the clock attached to the wall.

"Beat the bell by 2 minutes." She smiled, dropping her gaze onto Aaron and waving. He cleared his throat, waving back to her absent-mindedly before he says something else.

"Why are you always late? You were already in the building."

"I've got things to do and people to see in the hallway during our interval time, so don't worry about me." She fakes an attitude, before going around the computer stand and pulling up a chair next to him.

"You're sitting with me today? And what have I done to earn such an honor?" He raised an eyebrow at her, before she grins small.

"Cris isn't here, so why can't I spend time with my other best friend?" She replies, as he rubbed his jaw with his right hand softly. A habit he had gained in the last two weeks. Also something he gained in the last two weeks? Shianne's friendship.

"You never do any other time, so why now?" He mumbles, before gaining a slap to the back of his head from her.

"You know, I hate you sometimes," She hisses before he smiles at her, showing her that he was joking. "Just say 'Shianne, your presence is a honor' please."

He looked at her blankly, making her punch him playfully. "Whatever. Here I got you something." She replies as he watches her dig into the purse on her lap. She pulls out a bottle of Naked- berry blast flavor and throws it on the desk.

"It's been two weeks since your first day! Happy anniversary bestie." She tells him, before wrapping her small arms around his neck.

"You're such a dork." Aaron smiles, shaking his head as he picks up the bottle. It was a small gesture, but deep down, he really did appreciate it. Thanks to Shianne, he wasn't having a horrible experience in America, like he was on his first day. She really was as sweet as she looked, always checking on him and playfully teasing him about this and that. She was just your overall down to Earth girl, and he would be lying if he said he wasn't starting to become smitten with her already.

He gave her his best attempt of a hug back, before the classroom door swings open and in walked a woman that looks as if she could be their age. Okay, maybe not their age. But she was much younger than other teachers and definitely very attractive, as she strutted to the chestnut desk in her high heels, beginning to write on the squeaky chalkboard, catching everyone's attention.

"Alright guys, class has begun," Crossing her arms across her chest, she began to scan the room. "Mr. Orlando, would you be so kind to take off your headphones?"