Prologue

I had always wanted to go on holiday with my best friend, Pascalle, and this year, that wish finally came true. Together we travelled to Monaco to have the best 2 weeks of our lives. Right now, 1 week has passed and we're enjoying ourselves to the fullest. Some sightseeing during the day and parties during the night. Same thing tonight. We somehow got into this luxurious looking club and we've been dancing the night away ever since we got here.

"I'm gonna get us some more drinks!" Pascalle yells into my ear and I nod in response as talking is almost impossible because of the loud music. As Pascalle makes her way towards the bar, I keep on dancing, swaying my hips to the beat of the music. It's a Sunday night and even though most of this people probably have to work tomorrow, that isn't stopping them from having a good time.

All of the sudden, I feel a pair of hands on my hips, making me turn my head to see who's hands they are. I look straight into a pair of beautiful brown eyes. I look down a bit and see a smirk plastered on whoever still has his hands on my hips.

"Hey there," the guy behind me says into my ear, his lips slightly touching my ear. The Aussie accent is very obvious, probably because he's had a few beers already. I turn around so I can reply to him, his hands automatically moving to my back in the process.

"Hey there yourself," I say into his ear, letting my lips touch his earlobe. I don't move away from him and he wraps his arms tighter around me so I'm standing closer to him.

"Care for a dance?"

"Do I have a choice?"

"Not really," the guy says and as I move back, I see he's still smirking. The guy starts dancing and I quickly follow his lead. He turns out to be a pretty great dancer and as we continue to dance together, I start enjoying myself more and more. When the guy turns me around and pulls me against him, I realize I'm not the only one enjoying it.

"Do you want to get out of here?" the guy says, his voice low. His breath hits my ear, causing shivers to run down my spine.

"Tell me your name first."

"Daniel."

"I'm Lydia."

"Well, Lydia, let's get out of here," Daniel says as he takes my hand. He leads me off of the dance floor and out of the club. He stops a taxi and gets in it, pulling me along with him. I shouldn't be doing this, going home with a total stranger. It's a bad idea and it can only end badly.

But there's something about him, something that makes me forget about all the reasons that this is a bad idea.

"You live here?" I ask Daniel, trying to start a conversation to pass time during the drive to what I'm guessing is his place. It's not like we can tear each other's clothes off right here in the taxi.

"Sometimes, I travel a lot."

"Must be nice."

"Sometimes, sometimes I'd rather be home."

"Aussie, right?"

"That clear?"

"Heard it in your voice."

"So you've been paying attention to my voice then," Daniel says as stares at me. It feels like his brown eyes are looking right through me and suddenly I feel naked. I don't respond and just look away, not knowing what to say to that.

"We're here," the taxi driver says and Daniel gets out after paying the driver. I get out as well and walk around the car, where Daniel is waiting for me. He takes my hand and leads me into an apartment building. During the elevator ride, the tension between us starts building up and I know by the time we reach his place, we'll most likely won't be able to control ourselves any longer. Not that I mind.

The elevator beeps and Daniel quickly makes his way out, pulling me along by my hand. We walk to his door and once it's open, Daniel smashes his lips against mine. I didn't know what to expect from our first kiss, but this is better than anything I could've imagined.

We stumble into Daniel's apartment and he closer the front door with his foot, his hands being too busy exploring my body. They soon find the hem of the top I'm wearing and before I realize it, my top is flying through the room. Soon after, our other clothing follows as we make our way to Daniel's bedroom.

His kisses make me forget about everything and he is the only thing I'm focused on right now. His touch causes goosebumps everywhere whilst at the same time setting my skin on fire. His hands are all over my body, exploring me as I let my hands slide over his arms and his back, feeling the muscles flex as he moves.

The feeling of wanting to be close to him completely takes over, even though I don't know him at all. It feels as though we have an unexplainable connection and neither of us seem to know how or why. All we know is that we want to be as close to each other as possible. The feeling if being that close to each other is indescribable. It's unlike anything I've ever felt before. It's a feeling I don't ever want to stop.

I wake up with strong arms wrapped around my body. My naked body. I look around and realize I'm not in my own room. I look to the side and see a beautiful guy with brown, curly hair sleeping beside me, his arms wrapped around me to hold me close. Daniel.

I slept with him last night.

I slowly try to get out of his arms, knowing I have to get out of here. I've heard plenty about how these things go and it's never pretty. As I slip out of his arms, Daniel groans, sounding annoyed. I ignore it and gather my clothes which are all over his bedroom and also in his living room. I quickly get dressed, check that I have everything before getting out of his apartment. Even though we both felt a connection, I know that this was nothing but a holiday fling, just a one night stand and it'll never be anything more than that.

Tada, a little birthday present to you guys on my birthday: a new story!! I'm very excited about this one! It won't be a crazy long story, but I have some great ideas for it! So, what do you think of the story so far? Are you excited? Let me know in the comments below! Also, don't forget to vote for this chapter!

Love you all

Evy
Instagram: readracewrite