1 2 : f o r g e t t i n g · a n d · r e m e m b e r i n g

Twelve days. It had been twelve days since I first summoned ice and frost, twelve days since my heart cleaved in two again. I never did find out what had turned Paris's eyes cold, and what had made him so angry. Spending weeks exploring my new power, I rarely saw him at all, and whenever we had meals together, Paris was always detached.

The wedding was today, my maids told me. Then proceeded to pull out a stunning dress of ice and crystals. That was how I found myself in a dress fit for an Empress. 

It was strapless, and delicate ribbons of ice decorated my arms. The top part of the dress had a modest neckline, with a light touch of blue on the almost white fabric. At my hips, the belt was made of flowers of ice. 

The skirt swept down to the floor, leaving a lovely trail of crystal droplets a foot behind me. The fabric of the skirt was soft and enchanting, the icy blue hue from the top swallowed by the dark midnight blue at the bottom.

A tiara of ice adorned my head, light sparking as it hit the beautiful tiara. My blonde hair was braided and piled into a delicate bun. Lacey had let a few strands of hair down, ticking my bare shoulders. Frost glittered off my hair, accompanied by the beautiful rose of the ice that Lacey had put, tucked behind an ear.

Paige had done an equally stunning job on my plain face. Frost coating my eyelash, rouge coating my cheeks, now flushed with a rosy red. I looked like an ice princess. 

She had coated my lips with dark red lipstick, exaggerating the paleness of my face. "You look like her, you know," Paige remarked, bringing me out of my thoughts. 

"Who?" I asked, as she added on mascara. 

"Lacey's sister. She's an ice queen, you know, Queen of Arendelle." She finished with the mascara and moved on to color my eyelids dark blue, fading into light. 

"Arendelle? Isn't that in the North of the Winter Realm?"

Paige leaned back to study her work, and started on the other eye, "Yeah. Queen Elsa. Her power of ice was almost as good as Lord Paris. Almost."

"What happened to Lacey's sister?"

She finished the eyes and began rummaging though the vanity drawers, "Oh, she still rules over there... but Arendelle is no longer a bustling city of joy and trade... it's cold as the mountains. Lacey took all of the happiness and joy with her when she died." 

I hesitated as Paige brought out beautiful sapphire teardrop earnings and a thin bracelet with a small diamond twinkling, "How...did she die?" 

Paige stood up, her skirts making a wisp, "That's not a story for me to tell." Then, she vanished. 

My head was brimming with questions, but I slipped jewelry with ease. The door clicked open softly, "Evelyn, hurry your-" 

Paris stepped in, his eyes taking the dress, me. I looked him over too. 

His (expensively) tailored suit fit him perfectly, loose, yet not baggy. His hair was fashioned in a side sweep that made him all the more handsome. 

"Shall we?" He said at last, holding out an arm for me. I nodded and fastened a beautiful cloak with a large hood, over my bare shoulders and took his arm. 

As dark winds of the Jump surrounded us, I noticed that this time, it didn't tear at us.  The gentle, passive wind left me untouched. Then, the darkness was gone.

I blinked a few times for my eyes to adjust to the blinding sun of the Summer Realm. We had landed right in front of the open palace doors.  Paris was already moving, dragging me with him. Thankfully, I managed to regain my balance by the time we reached the ballroom. Oh that fateful night when everything changed in this very room.