Flashbacks and Sleepovers

After I unpacked all my stuff I went to take a shower. Of course, I didn't have any shampoo or body wash because we weren't allowed to take it from the orphanage. But Jenn did tell me I could use hers if I wanted. I turned on the water and grabbed a towel. When I stepped in the water was the perfect temperature. I wet my body and reached for the body wash. I glanced at it and realized it was the body wash I had used in my uncles house. I froze and dropped it on the floor. It made a thud and a single tear rushed down my face. I sat on the floor and sobbed quietly so no one would hear me. Then I heard a faint knock on the door.

"Molly? Did you drop something?" I heard a small voice ask. It was Jenn's. I wiped away my tears quickly and cleared my throat.

"Yea, I'm okay." I said as I stood up and started actually washing myself. I tried to hold back the tears while I shampooed my hair but it didn't work. I tried to keep the sobs as quiet as possible. Hopefully Jenn and Andrea didn't hear me. When I was done I dried my hair with a towel and brushed it. I just put it in a french braid. I brushed my teeth and brought all my stuff back into Jenn's room. I could hear everyone laughing in the living room so I decided to check it out. They were launching each other onto the couch with the air mattress.

I saw Caleb fly off the air mattress onto the couch and it was the coolest thing ever!

"I wanna try!" I yelled as I ran over to the air mattress.

"Your hair looks nice." Jenn said as she ran her fingers through it. She moved over to the air mattress and sat down with a lot of force. Out of nowhere I was flying! I felt like an angel and an image of Elizabeth with angel wings came into my mind. It was quickly erased when I slammed against the couch. My mind was filled with happy thoughts as I laughed. I felt better and I knew Jenn and Andrea would make any bad memories be replaced with happy ones.

Soon we decided it was time to go to bed since it was past midnight. Good thing I didn't have a competition tomorrow! But I did have practice and Caleb had a baseball game. Our beds had already been set up so we just climbed inside. Jenn came out of the bathroom as I took the necklace my mom gave me off.

"Thats a pretty necklace! Where'd you get it?"Jenn asked me. I clutched the necklace in my hand and opened my hand to look at it.

"My mom gave it to me... before she.....passed away." I said as I closed my hand again. I put it on the table next to my charging phone.

"She would be very happy to see you wearing it everyday." Jenn said as she got up to turn off the light.

"Good night!" Jenn said when she turned the light off. I noticed it wasn't quite dark in there which was good. I saw a blue night light on the wall and it comforted me.

"Good night." I said back. I got my hospital bear from when my dad died out of my bag and held it close to my heart. I tried to sleep but I couldn't. I kept having flashbacks and I was sweating. I had taken my pill but it wasn't working. I sat up and saw Jenn sound asleep. I rolled back over and tried to sleep. I glanced at the clock. It was 3:12. I slowly got out of bed and quietly opened the door. I shut it gently and tip toed down the hall into the living room. Caleb wasn't asleep either so he let me come into his bed.

I climbed in next to the wall and we tried to sleep but it wasn't helping.

"Are you having flashbacks too?" Caleb asked me. I rolled over to face him.

"Yea... I had a panic attack in the shower over some body wash." I said chuckling a little. Caleb laughed a little too.

"What happened?" Caleb asked with a slight grin on his face.

"Jenn has the same body wash as we used at the house." We didn't like to refer to that house as our uncles house because an uncles house shouldn't be like that.

"Seriously? What are the chances?" Caleb said to me.

"I know right? Like of all the body wash in the world it has to be that!" I said as we laughed a little bit.

"We should try to get some sleep." Caleb said as he rolled over. "See you in the morning." He said as I rolled back to face the wall. Finally I fell asleep and woke to Jenn and Andrea trying to make breakfast. Caleb was already up and was in the shower.

"Molly you scared the shit out of me this morning!" Jenn said as I rolled out of bed.

"What did I do?" I asked laughing a little.

"You weren't in your bed! I assumed you probably came here but at first I didn't see you under the covers! I swear I had a heart attack!" Jenn said as she sat down at the kitchen table.

"Sorry!" I said half laughing.

"So whats the plan for today?" Andrea asked.

"Well Caleb has a baseball game at like 3 or something like that, and I have dance from 2-8:30 I think." I said.

"Well, we got roughly 3 hours to kill." Jenn said as she looked at her phone.

"Oh Caleb has to be at his game at 2 but I can go to dance 30 minutes early to stretch and stuff." I said to Jenn.

"Well we got 2 hours to kill! What can we do?" Andrea asked. We heard the shower water turn off and we decided to wait for Caleb to come out before we decided.

Author: Sorry this chapter is kind of weird! Its more of an inbetween chapter 😏😉