A New Beginning

Flash forward one year later

       After 365 days I was 10 years old. I had become stronger and healthier. Caleb and I now weighed what an average 8 year old would weigh. Still not where we were supposed to be, but we were getting closer. Ricky had tried to find homes for us but there was something stopping it. My uncle. He hadn't been arrested, our abuser was still roaming free. He made life miserable for us even in the orphanage. Everytime he found out about a new family for us, he threatened us and them. We knew what he was capable of and we didn't want to find out what could happen to us.

       Even though we were safe we had nightmares about the house. Mine were more frequent than Calebs so I was put on medication. We were on vitamins and many other medications that would help us grow. In addition I was on PTSD and anxiety medication. Still dance helped me. It was almost a memory of my old life when my parents and brother and sister were with me. I had done dance and gymnastics but I was far too weak to continue gymnastics. But I could dance and I did.
       I danced at an amazing dance studio with girls who loved and supported me! I was dancing all the time. The studio had a homeschool program that I was apart of so I could dance. I was pretty good too! I did numerous solos and duets, trios, even group routines and productions! I was living the dream!
       Caleb still went to school but it was what he wanted. He made so many friends and had a great support group at school. He was on the school baseball and soccer teams. Although he loved soccer, baseball had pretty much taken over his life. He went to tournaments all over the country. He even got to go to Cooperstown and play with his team. He truly loved the sport and was in the little league hall of fame! Baseball helped him become stronger and helped him forget his past.

       Even though we hadn't yet found a family we knew one was out there. The only thing that turned people off was our uncle. We had met multiple families that were interested but they never came back after we had received a threat. The police didn't know who it was, but we did. There was no writing because whoever did it typed it. But they always wrote words that our uncle would say. Who else would threaten us besides him? No one. We knew exactly who it was but the police had no evidence. But he would get caught soon.

AUTHOR: Sorry for such a short chapter! I'm going to try to write another chapter after I publish this one!