Forgetting The Past

Once it had gotten decently dark and we were all hungry we decided to change and go to the pier. First we went to get bracelets so we could go on any rides we wanted! Then of course we got food. We went to this seafood place at the pier.

"You know I haven't had seafood since before my parents died..." I said as we walked towards the restaurant.

"Same here." Caleb said as he put his head down.

"Awww... You can have seafood here if you want!" Andrea said as she pulled me and Caleb in for a side hug.

"Well now you can have seafood whenever you want!" Jenn said as she let out a small smile towards Caleb and I. We looked at the menu and decided what we wanted.

"Chicken strips and fries! Thats what I want!" Andrea said as she looked at everyone else.

"You can't get chicken strips at a seafood place!" Jenn yelled at Andrea.

"Well I don't like seafood." Andrea said.

"Ugh fine! Caleb and Molly what do you want?" Jenn asked us.

"I'll have fried shrimp." Caleb said as he glanced at me with a reassuring smile.

"Me too..." I said as I smiled back at him. I knew what he was thinking. We were starting a new life and forgetting our old when our parents were here before everything happened.

"k. I'll order you guys find a place to sit." Jenn said. Andrea led us over to a small booth near the outside of the restaurant. Caleb and I sat on one side of the booth and Andrea sat on the other. I assumed Jenn would sit next to her.

"So... What were you guys doing before you got adopted?" Andrea asked. Caleb and I glanced at each other.

"Well, we were in foster care for three years... And we found someone but... they weren't what they thought they were... They were much, much different." I said as I twidled my thumbs.

"What do you mean?" Andrea asked.

"Its a long story... For another time." Caleb said to her. She probably realized we didn't want to talk about it. The only person we ever told about what happened was Ricky and a few police officers.

"Ohh... So what do you guys like to do for fun?" She asked us.

"I like to play baseball and a little soccer but mostly baseball. I'm on the school teams too!" Caleb said happily.

"Thats cool! What grade are you guys in?" Andrea asked us.

"Well I'm in 7th but he's still in 4th!" I said as I laughed a little at Caleb.

"Wait I thought you were twins?" Andrea asked. I knew she was confused.

"I go to a public school and I missed a few years of school so I'm only in 4th but I should be going into 6th." Caleb told Andrea.

"And I do online schooling so I can dance and I do school during the summer so I can get a head and finish early." I told her.

"Damn, how many hours a week do you dance?" Andrea asked me. Then Jenn came over with the food. She put our food in front of us and sat down next to Andrea.

"I dance between 30 and 35 hours a week cause I'm a pre-pro dancer which is as close to professional as you can get." I told them.

"Woah! Thats a lot of dance! What classes do you take?" Andrea asked me. Jenn and Caleb were talking about baseball.

"Uhhh I do pre-pro ballet, pre-pro jazz, pre-pro hip hop, pre-pro tap, pre-pro lyrical, pre-pro contemporary, pre-pro jazz funk... I think thats it. Oh and tumbling, technique and conditioning classes. And I do tumbling on the side at a gym to help me a little more." I told her as her jaw dropped.

"Dear Jesus, no wonder you could climb up that rope in less than a minute!" She said as she started eating her food again. After we finished eating we shopped around a bit and got some sweatshirts for Caleb and I cause we didn't have any and we were really cold! After we were done shopping we decided to go on some rides! I loved rollercoaster and so did Jenn so of course we went on the roller coaster!

As we were waiting in line we saw Caleb and Andrea playing some arcade games.

"I haven't been on a rollercoaster since I was 6!" I told Jenn.

"Oh yea! Do you remember when we took that family vacation and went to Disney World?" Jenn asked me.

"A little bit but not really. I remember you being there though!" I said right before we were next in line.

"Do you two want to go in the front?" A ride operator asked us. We looked at each other and shrugged.

"Do you want to?" Jenn asked me.

"Sure! Why not?" I said. She laughed a little and the ride operator led us to the front. For some reason he looked familiar to me but I didn't say anything. We went to the front and waited for the coaster to come back. Jenn let me go in first. I sat down and buckled myself in. The operator came back and pulled the bar down and locked it. I knew exactly who it was and my heart dropped. I'm pretty sure I could show it on my face.

"You ready?....Are you okay?" Jenn asked me. I definitely looked nervous.

"Yea, just a flashback but I'm fine." I said. Jenn smiled at me and gripped my hand.

"You're going to be okay, nothing bad will happen to you again, I promise." She told me as the ride operator made the rollercoaster move. I forgot everything and just started having a good time. I screamed and threw my hands up and Jenn did the same. I was going to be okay. Jenn wouldn't let anything bad happen to me again. I just had to be happy and forget the past.