The pier

We got into the car as the engine roared to life. She started to back out of the parking spot and we left the dance studio.
"So do you like to go on rides and stuff?" She asked as the car came to a stop.
"what do you mean?" I had no idea what she was talking about. What did they even have at a pier?
"Like roller coasters, Ferris wheels, bumper cars, stuff like that. They probably have more than just that but I d remember.
"What? What are roller coasters? I've never heard of any of those things." I was so confused.
"WHAT?! You've never been to an amusement park?! We're gonna have fun today!!!" She screamed quite excitedly.
"Of course I've never been to an amusement park. I've basically lived in an abusive hell my whole life. "
"What do you mean? I thought you just lived in the foster system. " She was obviously concerned now.
"Basically ever since I was 6 percent I've been abused. End of story. If you want to know more Ricky will tell you after the adoption goes through." I plan on never telling anyone what happened to me. They'll never understand.

The car ride was silent. We parked at the pier and I saw a huge wheel with lights all over it. It was magical. Jenn's eyes lit up when she saw how amazed I was.
"Come on!" She motioned for me to follow her towards the pier. I lightly jogged to catch up to her.
"That spinning wheel is the Ferris wheel, and that big train thing going really fast is at roller coaster. What do you want to ride first. Cause your going on everything!" She said as we waited in line for tickets.
"The roller coaster looks fun! And the good thing is my hair won't get all up in my face!" I said motioning to the giant bun on top of my hair.
"Well that must be nice." She flicked her long dirty blond hair behind her. I could tell she looked at me differently now that she knew I was abused.

We were next in line and the ticket person asked how old we were so we could pay accordingly.

"I'm 17." Jenn said. "And she's 11." So one child and one teen. It seemed weird that Jenn would be adopting at only 17 years old.

When we got out of line and I walked with Jenn to the roller coaster line. The roller coaster went right over us as we waited in line.

"Woah!" I said as I watched the coaster fly over us.
"Trust me, it's much cooler when you're on it! And on this ride they let you go around twice!" She told me.
"Really?!"
She nodded. We were the first ones in line so we got first pick of where to sit.
"We're sitting in the front! You will not have a fear of roller coasters!" She grabbed my hand and ran to the first seat. She went in first and I followed. We buckled the seat belt and waited for everyone to get on. Then a guy came and made sure we were strapped in.
"You'll love this! It's way better than the Ferris wheel!" She put her arms above her head as the coaster began moving and I followed. It went up the hill pretty slowly but then picked up speed. We started screaming just cause we could. The coaster came to a stop where it began but only for a few seconds.
"That was awesome!!!" I screamed.
"Isn't it?!" Jenn squealed as the coaster started again.

When we got off we saw a sign for trapeze.

"I've always wanted to try trapeze!!" I looked up at Jenn and she looked nervous.
"But I can't let you do that until you get adopted. But you can do something else that isn't trapeze like eat food or go on the Ferris wheel. " she tried to cheer me up.
"Yea that dancing made me kinda hungry. What can we eat?"
"We'll do you wanna eat here or possibly go to In-N-Out Burger? It's really good!" She obviously wanted to go there so I agreed.

We got back in the car and went to In-N-Out. It was so good!!! After that we went to CVS and got me a toothbrush and stuff so I could sleepover but I already had a change of clothes since I never changed out of my leotard and Jenn said I could borrow a t shirt or something. We pulled up to her apartment and grabbed our bag and headed in.

"So where is that dance thing you're preparing for?" She asked as we got into the elevator.
"Las Vegas. I don't know where though."
"Oh. I was gonna see if I could come but I don't know. What days?"
"June 26 through July 3 but the competition part is June 26- June 30 and then its classes and stuff."
"I could possibly come you know. But I don't know if I could stay the whole time." She said as we walked out of the elevator.
      "Really?! That would be so cool!!!" I said excitedly.
      "We should've called my roommate. She has no idea you're coming." Jenn looked down at me as she opened the door.
       "Oh well!" I said as the door opened and Jenn and I stepped inside.
       "Well this is it." She said as she shut the door and turned on the light.
       "There's not much but we're move out soon." She kicked some trash into the corner.
       "Jenn? Who are you talking to?" Andrea's door opened and she came out with a t shirt and sweatpants on.
       "Andrea this is Molly. Molly this is Andrea. She is my cousin that I just found out existed today. She may be living with us soon." Jenn told Andrea.
       "Hi Molly! Jenn what are you talking about?" Andrea was very confused.
       "So basically she needs to be adopted and they found me and once I do all the stuff I'm supposed to i'll be adopting her." Andrea had a blank stare on her face.
       "Okee. What shall we do?" Andrea asked.
        "Wanna see her solo?" Jenn asked.
       "What?" I asked Jenn.
       "Fine I'll show her the videos." Jenn took out her phone and we all sat on the floor staring at Jenn's phone. This happened for a while once we started watching YouTube videos on their too.