Chapter 30: Scintillating Exploration

CONNOR’s POV

Having the one that you truly love the one that mean so much to you, holding tight on you and trusting you are by far the best feeling in the world. There is no other feeling compared to this amazing feeling of your loved one’s soothing affection channelled towards you and you alone. His head nuzzled on my back and even with the cute helmet, his face still felt so warm against the thin fabric of my shirt. I was hoping that he was actually enjoying the ride. I could tell by the silence. I had learnt that he’s not the kind of boy who showed his excitement with an expressive outburst of emotion.

The deep roaring sound of my bike made him hug my chest closer, probably a little scared that he might fall off. He can be really adorable when he wants to and of course, I couldn’t resist his sweet, good-natured boyish charms. His voice sounded muffled by the sheer force of velocity so he raised it a bit high-pitched. “Where the hell are you taking me dude?”

                I pretended that I couldn’t hear him clearly. The wind rushing through our faces didn’t make it any easier. I would love to see him getting a little annoyed and let his curiosity grew on his face. After a few minutes passed with no answer, he resorted to give me a quick pinch on my waist which made me accidently steer the bike away and in turn skidded a bit off the designated lane. He gasped loudly and grasped onto me like his life depended on it before I could switch and maintain the front tyre back on the right track.

I broke into a few laughs at his cute reaction while my eyes still focused on the road. I bet he could hear my amused chuckle so he sighed in relief. “That was for not answering my question, you tool. Thank God there wasn’t any cars around, don’t do that again please. I promise I won’t ask you about the destination again and I’ll just enjoy the ride praying that you’re not taking me somewhere too deserted. I don’t want to lose my virginity just yet.” That confession made me laughed even harder. He’s just so damn cute! How can a boy become so damn cute? Before this I thought that would’ve been so impossible and out of question but being around him made me realized I was completely wrong. In fact, he became cuter and cuter every single day.  

My bike stormed a few notches over the speed limit. The road wasn’t so dark at this time of the night, thanks to the epic moonlight shining on the path and I was further lead by my bike’s front lights which made two almost intersecting glows that illuminated the tarred path. We were going through the narrow road leading pass the thick forest area further and further away from town. I’ve been there since I was little. Mom would take me there by the weekends so that she could hang out with me, just the two of us whenever Dad’s busy with the local parish and church stuffs. I remained quiet to let him enjoy the moonlit view of the tall expanse of the dark forest on both sides of the roadway, leading to my favourite secret spot and he shivered a little from the shrouding chillness that enveloped us. I didn’t regret giving him my jacket because it was clear that he needed it more than I do. I’m wearing a thick woollen sweater underneath so I’m all good. It took us almost thirty minutes to get there on my bike.

When I turned off the ignition key and the hot engine stopped purring for cooldown, his head is nestled silently on my back and his arms loosen a bit from latching on my chest. He was fast asleep and I didn’t want to move an inch too much. I wish he could sleep on my chest instead and my arms wrapped around him. He didn’t snore or anything but I could feel his chest goes up and down in a quiet, peaceful rhythm against my back.

I stopped the bike not too far from the mildly splashing water’s edge. It was a special and secluded spot by the gorgeous lake. The lake was not that big either, so we have our own place to wind up and just be ourselves. Especially on beautiful nights like tonight. The moon looked really inviting as its reflection rippled slightly on the water surface. The clouds had moved away to reveal the mirror-like image of the lonely moon greeting me with its generous glow like an old friend welcoming me back to its tranquil embrace.