Chapter 25: Of Friends and Duties

Alain's POV

The play is going to be a blast after all. I for one would never have believed that I could pull it off this well. Maybe I’m just selling myself short. I totally underestimated my own inner talents especially in terms of so-called artistic outlets. It’s not like I don’t like arts much, I do adore them to an extent. Yet the huge problem persists when I’ve been chosen to be the co-director with the none other than nasty Queen Bee.

So far she seemed more reasonable and yes, though terribly hard to admit, a bit more bearable than her usual self. She wasn’t that keen at first with her outpouring of complaints and cuss words thrown my way but I have no qualms in resorting to my most professional method in dealing with the likes of her: utmost professional tolerance. It’s undeniably one of the hardest qualities to keep up with but that clearly proven me that at least I could try and be diplomatic. That’s the only key and one more thing, I also decided that ear plugs are sometimes most useful in times of need warding off against her assaults with her ammunition of condescending bullets of saliva and mean words. We managed to keep each other at bay while miraculously, working together on making the play a success. Besides, Principal Vandrick decided to honour this play for Hannah and her wonderful life. The parents had been released since the police had found no evidence or any viable motives for her untimely death.

                Making the overall painstaking details and choices for costume and presentation which I’m certain had been Niesta’s favourite part of the job, thus without a doubt they were given to her on a silver platter. That pleased her more than anything but her bitchiness won’t fade away that easily without abdicating her throne and her vicious mean girl act. 

She completely dissed my choice for the scores and music arrangement, the choreography that I personally created and everything that I could think of for the LGBT-themed play. But I know I won’t stoop down too low, I know that I could restrain myself from actually punching her in the face. It won’t be too good for the publicity of the play anyways. Students and teachers and parents too, started to talk about this ground-breaking new play focusing on the existence and acceptance towards LGBT youths here in Gillsbury.

Anyways, don’t get me started on the casting choice. It couldn’t be any more biased. Her two phoney sidekicks were immediately casted with no compromise and that also include Freddy Vandrick (her possible new beau, which I highly doubt) whom I hated so much.

                I have to put my feet in the matter as well so I casted the Angels and Connor to balance the aura of yin and yang in the production. The purely good and the not-so-evil. I’m just satisfied that the rehearsals are going as planned and I won’t have to sacrifice on my homework with the theatrical workload too much. If we’re on schedule, there won’t be any problem to present the play to the entire school and the parents too in exactly three weeks well before Thanksgiving break. We’ll be ready for sure by then! That’s my current goal and I hope Niesta would see that as well because deep down I know she wanted it to be a success too. I began to learn about her passionate and dedicated sides. She would go through every little meticulous detail and she’s also quite a perfectionist like myself so on that ground I accepted the fact that Principal Vandrick was right, we could actually work well together.

                I also decided that the new German transfer student should get one of the lead roles. Well, I think that’s the only decision which both I and Niesta agreed upon, apart from the script and proper language used. Thankfully we have a team of wonderful and musical students from the AV club and they’ll be a great addition to enhance the spectacular production. Should I explain more on the story line or would that bore you to death? Well, I’m gonna tell it anyway because I’m so freaking excited for it! Basically it’s a musical mash-up play between The Sound of Music and The Vampire Diaries with an LGBT twist included and that I might say, would be the simplest way of clarifying it.