My time , your time , our time

" I was finally beginning school . I had some friend here and there . The neighbors kid was my friend . One of my closest ones actually . He was the kid I punched . "

He was quiet , she was quiet . They both thought .

" Sometimes I would get funny looks from the teachers , funny looks from the kids . Sometimes my mom picked me up from school , sometimes my friends parents picked me up from school. "

" I was happy , quiet honestly , even with al those blank stares and whispers . I didn't know what they were whispering about . "

" I was only seven , after all " . His voice was barely above a whisper .

" Then , I heard the rumors , rumors that shook me to the core . My mom ... she ... I didn't believe it. They were all rumors to me , things that were created to hurt me . "

" The kids would rub it in my face , saying they had seen her , saying that she looked ugly in her clothes . "

" They ... they said I had no father . I was fatherless . "

He was quiet . Remembering all those days and years and months .

His hands were shaking .

Another pair of much smaller hands covered his own . He continued .

" I was out on the streets , still learning to skateboard , I was nine ... the neighbors didn't care for me anymore , not after those rumors . "

He was quiet again . " I saw , what she was wearing , what she was doing . Stepping into a mans car in an alleyway , hidden away from the rest of civilizations eyes . "

She squeezed his hands .

" We've never talked about it , never talked about anything . She left that job , found a different job . Made money , but , people judged her . They always have and they always will . They don't know that she did it for us . Me and her . On our own in this world . "

" She did it , so we could have food on our table , clothes on our bodies , a roof over our heads . "

She didn't say anything . He didn't say anything .

" I admire your mother , she's a strong woman . Maybe someday , I can become like her . Strong , beautiful , independent . "

He smiled at her , a gentle smile . Her pressed his thumb against her cheek , moving a piece of stray hair back behind her ear .

" I love my mother for the woman she is . "

She looked up , almost alarmed , she had caught the message in between his lines .

I'll love you for the woman you'll become .

She smiled , a blush creeping up her neck , spreading onto her face .

Niether did realize , that the door had opened . The door had opened not too long ago .