Skip A Beat .

He didn't always skip school . Just when he found it necessary .

When he couldn't stand sitting still for a moment longer , when the air that filled his lungs threatened to come out in screams .

In that building no one allowed him to breathe , they all suffocated him with their words and questioning eyes .

Not like he cared anyways .

He adjusted his beanie , the cold air somewhat bothering his ears .

He knew the entire town all too well , the alleyways , the corners , the buidlings , the streets that lead him to nowhere .

He stopped at an incline , adjusted his beanie again , to cover up his headphones that blasted music into his ears . The melody was sharp , almost making his head pound .

Like this , he couldn't hear anything . His own heartbeat was cut out .

If a car came and ran him over , let it be . He'd gladly let his soul roam free .

Slowly , he began making his climb upwards . Pushing as hard as he could . Willing himself to go further , to where the sun hid over the hill , to where he could see what lay beyond .

Just as he reached the top , the light from the sun enveloped his entire sight but he felt the warmth .

He stopped for a moment , just barely a second , if you had blinked you would've missed his smile .

Carelessly , he let the skateboard carry itself down .

Down . Down . Down .

Until finally it came to a stop . His music skipped a beat , then two . It finally turned off .

He opened his eyes .

And there she sat . Unruly , firey red hair that made its way down over her shoulders . Brown , wild eyes .

In her hand , a bag of skittles . Her other hand empty .

He could hear his heartbeat .