Chapter 4

"See you guys at school or sometime next week!" I shout to them as Dad drives us out of their driveway. We all wave good-bye dramatically as our car drives away from their house.

Yesterday I've had it in my mind all night to remind Grandma Louisa about the cave on Mako. I couldn't even sleep but today we're stopping by her house which is alongside the beach. My Dad accepts I have a strong bond with her but doesn't know what really bonds us. However, Susan is just completely clueless with it all.

"Ohh Lilly how you've grown, and Sophia oh my I need to talk to you." Grandma remarks waddling towards us with open arms.
"Grandma!" Lilly squeals hugging her round body.

"Okay dear, Sophia and myself need to have a little, private chat." Grandma says urging me towards the beach.

I follow her and we sit ourselves just out of reach from the waves.

"Grandma I don't know if this is of importance but yesterday we went camping on an island called Mako and fell into a cav-." she cuts me short.
"I was in that cave, but I got out in time." she says furrowing her eyebrows.
"Is that cave important?" I ask.
"Yes, I call it the moonpool. The full moon affecting us mermaids ties in with the moonpool. It's the source of power." Grandma warns.
"They want to go back."
"Let them dear, explore Mako with them. Just make sure it's not a full moon when you do so because the full moon-."
"The full moon messes with mermaids like us. Yah I know Grandma I've heard it a thousand times." I mock slightly bored of the same line. "you're giving off very brief information Grandma."

She rolls her eyes clearly frustrated with my adolescent sassiness.

"I can't tell you everything Sophia, you must understand." she says.
"Whatever." I spit, standing up and brushing myself off with my hands.
"We must go back, before they get suspicious." she instructs walking back to the car.

The rest was just boring. I was mad at Grandma for not giving the full information. I guess I'm going to have to snoop out Mako Island with Bella and Mason. They'll be more help then she was and they don't even know what they'll be looking for.

As we journey back to our own home I stare out the window, resting my head in my hands, lost in thought. Tomorrow is going to be the best Monday because I'm going to invite Mason and Bella to Mako and we'll have our own camp out, but better yet. It's going to be a full moon.

It's currently school holidays but school starts next week. I'm slightly mad but mostly happy. I'm mad because it's school, so duh. But happy because it's a great distraction and I get to test my reflex skills whenever something goes wrong.

We drive into our driveway 25 minutes later. So basically Grandma's house is 25 minute drive from us but only 5 minute drive from the Wright family (George, Rebecca, Mason, Isabella, Kayla). They both live 5 or less minute walk away from the beach whereas our house is located about a 10 minute walk away from the beach. It's confusing I guess.

I grab my bag out of the boot and walk towards my room to put my things away and text Isabella and Mason in the group chat. A/N boot is Aussie for back of car.

sophiajones: you guys wanna join me @ Mako on Monday?
mason_2000: I'm in!
bella.wright: yasss girlie, I say we meet up at Mason and mine at 5?
sophiajones: it's a plan see you there.

I turn off my phone and walk out to Susan. Because she's a step-mum I think she feels like she can't turn us down so when I ask to go somewhere she agrees. I think it's quite mean for me to do so but her loss not mine.

"Susan. Can I go over to this sleepover one of my friends are hosting?" I plead.
"Sure honey. What time do I drop you off." she asks.
"You don't have to drop me off, we meet at the beach so I can just walk, thanks Mum." I lie adding in the 'Mum' word.

I lie on my bed and watch a few episodes of The Vampire Diaries, Bella and I totally fan girl over Damon and Stefan. As I'm watching I slowly fall asleep over my 3rd episode.