Chapter3

Chapter 3! Please let me know how things are so far! Thank you for your support!

I woke to a familiar knock at the door. I tossed in the bed for a moment before the sunlight pierced my eyes. I faced the door and just sat there staring at it. The knock came and again and after rolling my eyes I answered.

“Come in.”

Legolas opened the door and walked up to me.

“Did you sleep well?” he asked.

I raised my eyebrow and replied “Would you?”

I tried to sound like I had the worst night of my life but it was the complete opposite. The mattress was so soft, and since I was drained of all energy I hit a deep sleep. Legolas looked at me and chuckled. It was strange but I felt very comfortable around him, almost as if I had known him all my life.

“Probably not, but it’s time for breakfast,” he said reaching out his hand.

I decided not to take his hand, but I got out of bed and headed towards the bathroom.

“As long as I don’t have to deal with a certain someone’s temper, I’m sure I’ll enjoy whatever kind of salad you have for breakfast,” I said with my back to him.

I closed the door behind me and stared into the mirror. I could hear no movement outside the door so I figured Legolas was still standing there, but after a while I could hear his faint footsteps leaving. After getting ready I took my time heading to the dining room. When I entered Legolas and Thranduil were already seated and eating, so much for waiting for guests. I thought, but oh wait I was a prisoner.

I quietly walked to the table and sat next to Legolas. A servant placed breakfast in front of me and the three of us ate in complete silence. After a while the silence was eating me apart so I decided to start talking to Legolas.

“What are you planning to do today?” I asked him.

“I have to head out. There have been some threats in the forest that I must take care of.”

“May I join you?” I asked hoping to get out of where ever I was.

Legolas’ eyes shot up in surprise and he looked at me. He seemed to study me to see if I was actually being serious. Instead of saying anything he simply looked at his father who was chuckling. I snapped my head to look at Thranduil. I could feel my cheeks begin to get warmer as I began to turn red. I had never seen him laugh like that before. Yes, I’ve seen him chuckle but that was usually out of cockiness, but this time he seemed to chuckle out of happiness.

“As if you could go out and hunt,” he said trying to keep from laughing even more.

“You don’t know anything about me,” I said.

Once I spoke the atmosphere changed. Everything felt could and I could see Thranduil and Legolas’ faces turn blank.

“You’re right. I don’t,” Thranduil said before leaving.

It seemed like I had hit a sensitive nerve, but the way he reacted left a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach. I felt bad so I got up and walked after him. I could see him heading towards the throne room, so I called out to him.

“Thranduil,” I managed to say.

He stopped at the sound of my voice, seeming as if he didn’t believe that I was talking to him.

“Mireth?” he questioned.

“What? My name is Nellie,” I responded with a confused look.

Thranduil turned around and looked into my eyes and for a moment I could feel myself being caught in their beauty.

“I’m sorry,” I said breaking the silence.

I looked down at my feet but Thranduil placed his hand on my chin and lifted my head.

“No, I am,” he said with a soft whisper.

He moved his hand from my chin to my face. His soft hand cupped my cheek, but I did not mind. I could feel myself blush before turning and walking away.