Chapter2

Here is chapter 2, enjoy! Oh by the way my character goes my the name Nellie but you'll see why Thranduil and Legolas call her Mireth. So now she is Thranduil's prisoner and she cannot return home, but there is no way she's giving up that easily.

I rubbed my eyes trying to wipe all the gunk around my eyes off. I wonder what happened. I passed out. I have no idea where I am. I could feel the soft cushion of the mattress I was laying on. It made me feel like I was lying on a soft cloud. I looked around to see that I was in a large room filled with beautiful, hand carved furniture that must’ve been done by very skilled craftsmen. It was quiet, but felt very peaceful. I placed my arms on my sides and pushed up so that I could sit up from the bed. After trying to wrap my mind around what kind of a weird situation I was in there was a faint knock at the door. It caught me by surprise. I debated whether to answer but eventually I did.

 “Come in,” I said timidly.

My voice was dry and horse leaving an unsettling tingle in my throat. I definitely sounded like a man. I couldn’t rule out the idea that I probably looked like one since I woke up after who knows how long, and my hair frizzes like a woolen sweater. I could see strands of blonde hair enter the room as the door opened wide. To my surprise it was not Thranduil. It was an elven man who looked like Thranduil but looked to be around my age. His blonde hair and bow that rested on his back told me he was Legolas. He entered with a gentle smile that made me feel like we were somehow reunited. He walked over to the bed and sat next to me causing the mattress to dip. His face was firm and he looked tired but hid it well.

“I am glad to see you again. Are you feeling well?” He said as he ran his fingers through the ends of his hair.

“I’m sorry but I have never seen you.”

Once I said this I could see his eyes flood with sadness. I felt terrible like I had destroyed all his hope, but I was confused. I looked down in silence as I touched my ring to make sure it was on my finger. No matter what I always have worn my ring ever since it was given to me by my grandmother. She told me that this ring would protect me and if I were ever lost its glow would return me home. My grandmother’s words seemed silly but the ring reminded me of her so I kept it close. Legolas and I sat in silence for a moment until someone else entered the room.

“I am glad to see you are awake.”

I knew that voice. When I looked up I saw Thranduil standing before me like in a dream. He slowly grabbed my hand. His palm was soft and he delicately held my hand in his. He turned and looked at Legolas not saying a word but slightly nodded his head.

 Legolas got up from the bed and began to leave the room when he called to his father “Ada may I speak with you for a moment?”

Thranduil turned toward Legolas looking as if he was contemplating whether to leave me or talk with his son. I sat still as I watched Thranduil leave the room with Legolas, shutting the door behind him. I was tired of being in bed so I summoned all my strength and stood on my feet. My head was dizzy which caused me to slightly wobble but it was better than just laying there. The room was silent but I could hear voices being raised outside the door. The voices were filled with anger and frustration. I walked toward the door in curiosity and placed my ear on the cold wooden door.

All I could hear was Legolas’s voice yell in anger “Listen to me! She doesn’t remember!”

I leaned in more although I knew it wouldn’t help me hear but I was really entranced. As I leaned in my foot slipped and their arguing stopped. If only I wasn’t such a klutz. The effort I put in to sneak to the door as quietly like as possible became for nothing. I froze and stepped back almost to get hit by the door flying open. If only I was stealthy, this would be much easier. But who was Legolas referring to? Can’t remember what? Wait what am I so concerned about this?  My main concern should be getting back home, but I have to admit I was a bit intrigued by everything