Chapter1

Hello everyone! Make sure to leave comments and suggestions, I could really use them! Caution: this is my first fanfic so try to go a little easy on me. Hope you enjoy reading this. Oh and p.s I do not own Thranduil or Legolas those are all J.R.R Tolkein's characters but Mireth is mine. So what do you think of her?

I sat in the forest near my house winding a small stick in between my index and middle finger. I needed to venture away from home for a bit. After all one girl can only take so much annoyance from her 3 brothers. The forest always seemed to be my escape place, but I don’t remember when I found it. The trees always amazed me, the green pigment of their leaves and the strong structure that held them up.  The ring on my right finger shined brightly in the light; its silver band and blue sapphire diamonds danced on my finger. Today was a little boring.  Although I needed to be home I could feel my mind drifting. My mind never usually stayed in one place but today all I could seem to think about was love. I never really thought about love or anything like that but it had always been in my mind. I’m already eighteen and in our village: the marrying age. My mother probably would’ve found me a husband but I know she’s keeping me so that I can take care of my brothers. It always bothered me though, the thought of marriage out of convenience. Was it even marriage? Is it marriage without love? I felt the chill of a sudden strong wind brush against my neck causing me to yelp. I shot up. I bet my mom is wondering where I am. It’s not that I don’t want to help her, which I usually don’t because my brothers are immature and disgusting. I hated being in this position, which was a lot since I was the oldest and my father died. I think my mom is still grieving his loss although it has been almost two years and I tell myself it is in the past. Maybe it’s the fact that his death was unsolved. No one is really sure what happened. The only thing I remember was getting the news that he died.

My hands were slightly sweaty so I rubbed them on my robe hopping the friction would dry them off. It didn’t really help because my robe was covered in dirt and had holes all along the bottom. I turned my attention deeper into the forest. I would always wonder what lay ahead of me, but I would not know. Living a life of mostly solitude and work, I was never able to see what the rest of the world was like. I glanced at the sun and noticed that I would have to return home soon, great.

Out of nowhere I could hear footsteps approaching. They treaded softly but I could still hear them quite clearly. I turned around and stared into a pathway full of trees in anticipation. Soon I could hear more steps flocking in my direction. They started soft then became very discrete.  Is it a group of people? I began to worry. I had no weapons with me and my self defense is a little lacking. The only thing I could do was wrestle and clean clothes, if only that was a form of self defense. My breathing began to slow down but my heart began to race. I got up and slowly began to walk away, but the crunch of the leaves gave away my position. A man popped out from the distance and came closer. He wore a silken robe with his long hair falling down gently past his shoulders. I wanted to run but he didn’t seem to pose a threat. My curiousness seemed to get the better of me as I stared at the strange man. The wind began to settle down and my long brown hair stopped smacking my face.  He stood there for a moment looking around then turned his gaze toward me. I quickly turned my head when I saw him staring at me, his brown eyes filled with mystery.

He then lifted his hand, and I could see other walking towards us. At first they seemed like specks but as they got closer their figures began to form. Their skin was flawless and let off a gentle radiance. What’s even stranger is that there was something off about them. They looked human, more like super humans with pointed ears. My mother told me that elves existed but they would never enter into this land.

The others wore the same color robe as the man making it seem that they were guards of some kind. They walked in two rows and behind them was a man unlike the rest. I looked at him and suddenly felt strange. My stomach began to churn and my head throbbed in pain. What is happening to me?! I kept my eyes fixed on him, amazed with his features. He wore what I assume to be a crown, entwined with silver branches that poked out, accompanied by bronze leaves. He smiled at me causing my heart to melt and my head to spin. If I’m not mistaken his strong blue eyes, long blonde hair and numerous rings looked all too familiar to me. I wanted to run away but something kept me there. I had never seen elves before, but I pictured them in the stories that were told, but I always thought they were monsters. He walked closer to me, his long hair blowing in the wind, some strands getting caught in his crown.

My heart was racing; it pounded fiercely with a strange kind of desire. He walked with such power that made his presence very noticeable; every step he took was filled with elegance and strength. I became overwhelmed with emotions. What’s going to happen?  My emotions were starting to get to me for once. I could feel my consciousness slipping as I began to fall. I could feel strong arms catch me lovingly. I could sense the care in the blue eyes that caught me. I could feel him lift me and begin to carry me deeper into the forest. The feeling of being in his arms comforted me. I was being taken away, by who I did not know and where I did not know.

There's chapter one and chapter two is next so keep reading! It only gets better!