Chapter Three. Just give up on the sweet cotton candy names.

Okay, devoted readers, you finally get some Klaine interaction in the next chapter! This is sort of a filler, or a lead-up to it. You also learn a little about Blaine's history. But the Klaine will be slow going. And don't ever expect anything more than light fluff, because again, I am 13.

Even though technically nothing was different in the room, through Kurt's eyes, everything had changed.

Everything.

Maybe he was just delirious from his injuries, or from pain medication. Or maybe not. Kurt didn't know, and he never really would. But he did know that Blaine Anderson was different from anyone he'd ever seen, talked to or befriended.

Yeah, they gave me too much. Better lodge a complaint.

Kurt wasn't paying much attention to the touching reunion scene between Blaine and Lacey. It wasn't his business. Instead, he watched the monitors surrounding his hospital prison. Sorry, bed.

He couldn't really understand the readings, but they were probably not good. Even though Kurt was thinking clearly (for the most part), his body was in vey, very bad shape. And one person was to blame...

If Kurt was able to shake his head, he would have.

Don't think about that. Think happy. Rainbows and picnics and unicorns...

Oh My God, I'm turning into Brittany.

Over at Lacey's bed, the little girl was falling asleep. Her eyes fluttered closed in the middle of a sentence. But when Blaine reached out to wake her, Nurse C. intervened.

"No, honey. Lacey needs her rest. You can wait for her to wake up if you like, or you can come back another time. I need to check on some other patients, so I'll just leave you here, OK? If you need help, press the red button near Lacey's headboard."

With that, Nurse C. turned and left, taking her clipboard with her. Blaine stayed by Lacey, thinking.

I wish I had been there when she fainted. I could have helped. How could her friends have known about the right tablets, the right CPR technique to bring her back?

I haven't been there for her all these years.

But it wasn't my fault...

Was it?

And with that, Blaine Anderson was taken for a trip down Memory Lane.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Blaine was thirteen, almost fourteen when he came out to his parents. It had taken him years of searching to figure out his identity and come to terms with it, and now he was ready to tell people. So he had done just that. When little nine-year-old Lacey had gone to bed, Blaine asked his parents if they could talk.

After chatting a little about self-knowledge and acceptance, Blaine was truly ready to say it:

"Mom, Dad... I'm gay."

The result was an explosion. Not a literal one, but almost comparable. There had been yelling, screaming, possibly even a few things thrown. Basically, the ultimatum was that Blaine leave and never come back.

When all of his things were packed, Blaine looked at his father with cold eyes. "I have one more thing to say to you. Then I'm gone forever." There was no resistance, so he continued.

"Take care of Lacey. And if she asks where I am tomorrow morning, tell her the truth."

Blaine had never found out what his parents said to Lacey. He had run half a mile through the streets of Westerville, in the rain, looking for one person who would surely take him in.

He found the correct address, and knocked on the door. After a moment, a woman in her late twenties opened the door, confused at who could be knocking at this time and in this weather.

Blaine's Aunt Lyla, easily the most alternative and out-there woman in Westerville. She had a new hair colour every month, a new dress style every week, and a new diet every day. She was also a sweet, caring, tolerant woman who would gladly take in a family member without notice.

"Blaine, honey, lovely of you to visit. But why so late? And why out in the rain?"

Blaine told Lyla everything. She listened, asking an occasional question or muttering something under her breath. When Blaine's tale was complete, Lyla got a dark look on her face.

"I am calling them right now and finding out what the hell their problem is. You stay here, Blaine, you don't need to hear me like this."

Lyla made a call, but from the snippets Blaine heard, it quickly deteriorated into a shouting match.

Lyla came back into the living room, darker than ever, still muttering.

"That no-good brother, how dare he, and that wife of his, the both of them, pair of..." Then she remembered that Blaine was in the room.

"Oh... Blaine, you can stay here as long as you like. I love having you around, sweetheart. I have at least two guest rooms I'm not using, pick one. And tomorrow, we can go and buy some things for it, how does that sound?"

So Blaine lived with his aunt. He continued going to school at Dalton Academy, and seeing his friends. Blaine only had one regret in his life then.

Lacey.

His fragile sister, who tried to stay strong, but Blaine knew how much she was suffering. He had never been able to contact Lacey in those almost-three years, and it tore him apart. He couldn't even be sure if Lacey knew why he'd disappeared.

But he was here now, and Lacey would learn everything.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Blaine came back to the present day, still tinged with regret. His eyes flicked around the room, looking for a distraction. And that was when he realised he wasn't alone.

And Klaine begins... So, what did you think of this chapter? Dramatic? I'm going to start 4 as soon as this is posted, but no guarantees about when I can finish that. Please comment, I love feedback!