chapter 3: The Man

This story is dedicated to xxxHealerxxx because I love what this writer does! It's amazing. :)

I was woken up by my mother's loud voice. I opened and rubbed my eyes slowly before getting up. I was so tired! I took a quick shower before getting dressed. Today, I decided to wear a purple tight jeans with a pink T-shirt. I made my way downstairs, going in the kitchen where my mother was waiting for me. It was so early, it should be forbidden to wake up that early.

"Hey mum." I mumbled, taking a cup of coffee before sitting on the chair next to her. I ignored the delicious smell of pancakes, I wasn't really hungry this morning, I was having a bad feeling. I didn't know why.

"Hi Honey. I didn't hear you yesterday. When did you come back? Did you have fun?" My mother asked before taking a bit of pancakes.

"Yeah. I had fun; we went to the beach yesterday. I came back pretty late; I went directly in my room because I didn't want to wake you up." I told her with a big smile, my eyes were shining. I was so happy right now.

"I'm glad you had fun... By the way, the man I told you about will come tonight for dinner. He wants to ask you a few questions. I want you to answer his questions truthfully, alright?" She asked me, this strange glint in her deep brown eyes. I couldn't identify what it was.

"Yeah, whatever you want. I need to go now. I'm going to be late. Bye, see you tonight. Love you." I said getting up and kissing her cheek before living the house. 

I met Alex near the school and we made our way to our first classes. Luckily, helookedbetterthanthis weekend. We sat at our usual seat just in time as the bell rang a few seconds later. The old, grey teacher entered. He was a small man with an enormous belly and a big beard. He looked like Santa Claus. He looked at his students and began to speak, very seriously.

"So, today you will have to work on a special and really important project. I'll choose your partner and you will have to work together. The subject is about Mermaids..."

My hands began to shake slightly. I didn't want to be with someone else than Alex. 

"Calm down babe. Everything will be okay, I promise." Alex whispered in my ear. I gulped and tried to calm down but it was impossible, I was way too nervous, I could feel sweat of fear on my back.

The teacher was calling names while I had my fingers crossed. I was praying silently in my mind, I wanted to be with Alex. I neededit.

"...I think everybody has a partner...Oh, I forgot! Denis, you can go with the only person who doesn't have a partner. Good luck." He muttered under his breath before sitting at his desk, taking a novel out of his bag.

Denis groaned before sitting in front of me with a death glare which made me shiver. If eyes could kill, I would already be dead. That was for sure.

"Why didn't he call you?" I asked to Alex with a frown.

"Because I'm with you and the douchebag obviously." He smiled at me, squeezing my hand; I could see he was trying to reassure me even if I could detect fear in his eyes. I smiled back at him. Denis was staring at me incredulously and passed a hand into his red hair. He looked kind of awkward, then anger came into his eyes and he growled.

"Shut the fuck up queer and listen to me carefully. We will make this stupid project at school. I don't want to see you after school. If we're not done before the end of the week, you will finish it alone. Do you understand? If we have a bad mark I'll make your life a living hell, more than right now. I promise." He growled before giving me a cruel smirk which made me shiver. I knew he could make my life a living hell and he would. He always kept his promises, especially when his promises were about me.