chapter 6: Confidences

It had been a long time since I saw my mother's best friend and her daughter, Vanessa, maybe about three years ago. Céline, her mother, was a small woman with short brown hair and chocolate eyes. She was a very joyful woman; I could totally understand why my mother became friend with her. Her daughter was quite similar to Céline. She had long light brown hair in a ponytail and big green eyes. She only seemed shyer.

"Hey, it's been a long time! How are you?" Vanessa asked me with a bright smile as we sat on the couch while the parents were in the kitchen.

"I'm fine, really. It's great to see you again. What's up?" 

Vanessa and I weren't that close, we never spoke except when we were seeing each other. But she was a nice girl and I knew she wouldn't judge me so I could tell her everything. And as we were speaking only when we saw each other, there were lots of things to speak about.

"Well, not much actually. It's always the same routine. I'm single again but I don't mind at the moment as I am pretty busy with my studies. What about you?" She asked me with a small smile.

"Ohyou know... I... It's not really different... Always the same shit..." Imumbled looking at my hand while I was playing with my fingers. "As I toldyou before I don't feel great at school... It's worst now that I am datingAlex... I... Sometimes I feel like something is wrong with me... Sometimes,I... I just make horrible nightmare... It's about Alex and me... Except thatAlex is dead and I'm left alone in the world... Nobody cares about me... And ...I hate that... I... I know it may sound stupid but I can't live withoutAlex..." I said whispering the last part as a tear made its way on mycheek

"Why are you crying? You... You know you can tell me everything, right?" She asked me with a worried look.

"I... I swear it's nothing serious but sometimes I feel as if there is a problem with Alex... Not in the way he acts but in the way the others acts around him... They never talk to him; everybody is acting as if he doesn't exist! I can't understand it! And he's even not upset by this revelation!" I said, trying to control my emotions. This wasn't an easy subject.

"Oh, I see... Well, the most important is that you're happy with him, isn't it? You know, actually it's been a long time since I saw Alex it was like... Seven years ago? Yeah that's it! The year you became friend with him, why can't I see him? It would be great to hang out the three of us." She said with a smile. 

"Yeah why not. I will ask him tomorrow and we will see..." 

"Can I ask you just one last question, just because I'm really curious? How did you know you loved Alex?" I blushed at her question, I didn't expect that but the thought of talking about Alex made me smile. I closed my eyes, remembering the day as if it was yesterday.

It was at the beginning of July. The weather was hot and the sun was shining in the beautiful blue sky. I could hear a few birds in the big, leafy trees. We were in front of Alex's swimming pool, our feet in the warm water. We spent a few hours in the swimming pool, playing with each other, throwing water at each other and so many other things. 

I could feel the heat of his body next to me, our arms and legs were barely touching just enough to give me chills. I looked at him from the corner of my eyes; I could see tiny drops on his chest. I followed one of the drops with my eyes until it disappeared under his swimsuit. I shivered and tried to hide my blush. I was feeling something strange in my stomach but I couldn't find what it was, I knew I wasn't sick. It wasn't the first time I stared at him like that but it wasn't my fault. He was just so beautiful, so perfect. I knewnobody was perfect but I found Alex perfect.