chapter 10: The letter

"Mum,

I know you will be sad when you will read this letter because it means you discovered my body. I'm sorry for doing this but I can't live like that, do you understand? What would you do if one day you learn that your only friend and love died? I can't live with that. If one of the people I love the most doesn't exist anymore, why am I here?

I hate my life, really. I don't even know why I was born. Except you, nobody really care about me, and nobody ever will. Who would love someone like me? I'm just a stupid child who was too dumb to see the truth. I just lived in an imaginary world, and it hurts. It fucking hurts. Even my own father couldn't love me that's why he left. The day before he left, he told me that I broke the family the day I was born, he tried to love me but it was impossible because I was a shame to the world. He told me I should kill myself. I did my best to make him love me and save the family but I failed, I'm sorry. But, in the end he won, and this makes me sad.

I'm glad I will never see Denis and the others anymore. They were so cruel with me but they were kind of right. They did so many things to me and I don't want you to know about this. I don't want you to feel guilty about it; I've hidden it to you because I didn't want you to worry about it. I guess it worked, until now.

I've never told you what I would have wanted to do later even if I know it wouldn't have been possible because my marks weren't good enough, I'm too dumb for that. I wanted to help people, teenagers. I wanted to help them, give them hope. Nobody deserves to be alone, beaten up or laughed at. Everybody needs to speak to someone. That's what I wanted to do, I could have helped them, I'm sure of that. 

I want you to move on, find a nice guy and have children if you want. You deserve happiness. Just... Don't forget me, right? I'm going to miss you; I'll never forget all the great things we lived together. 

Don't feel guilty about anything. It's not your fault. It was mine. I killed him. I should have done something six years ago.

I just want a nice grave next to my best friend and boyfriend's one. Can you do that as an early eighteen's birthday present? Thank you mum.

Now, I'm going to find him again, we will be happy together. And, when your time will come, we will find each other again. We will be a big family and nobody could hurt me or make fun of me anymore. We will be happy.

I love you mum, never forget that.

Your son. X"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can download my story (for free) here! https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/423880 if the link doesn't work I'm TheOriginOfLove2014 on smashwords :)