chapter 2: Alex

A few weeks had passed since the "incident". The stares at school were the same as always but I was doing my best to ignore them. But I was worried about my mother, she was strange since the day she asked me who Alex was. I didn't know why but she couldn't stop looking at me with worried eyes. She may not like our relationship but I didn't care, I loved him and that's the most important. She should be happy for me!

I was stopped in my thoughts when I received a text from Alex.

"Hey babe. Sorry can't go to school today. I'm sick. Will see U this weekend, k?" 

I sighed and answered sadly before walking down the stairs, slowly. I didn't want to go at school alone, not without Alex. Today was going to be horrible.

"How are you today?" My mother asked me with a happy smile that didn't reach her eyes. She was worried, I could see it.

"I'm ok, I guess. Alex is sick; I'm not really in the mood. I already miss him so much.." I whined.

"Well, I'm sure you will see him soon.. By the way, a man will come next week. He wants to speak to you, ok?" She asked me not meeting my eyes.

"Mmh, ok.  But who is this man? Anyway I will stay with Alex tomorrow as it will be Sunday." 

"You will see. He's just... A friend, alright? If his mother is ok there is no problem with that." She said quietly staring at her mug of coffee. I knew something was bothering her, I just couldn't know what.

I left, walking slowly toward school. Everyone was staring at me in the corridors; I could hear their cruel whispers, they were saying bad things about me. I looked at my shoes as I walked faster to my class. It was worse when Alex wasn't here. Everything was so hard. Denis, the most popular bully sat next to me with a strange smirk on his face. 

"What do you want?" I asked without looking at him as I sat on a chair at the end of the room.

"Nothing, homos."  He growled.

"Alex will be back in a few days, if you kick my ass he will kill you."  I told him with an innocent smile.

"Alex? Your boyfriend, right?" He asked laughing loudly.

"Laugh if you want asshole, it won't change the fact that you're getting beat when Alex comes back!" I said glaring at him showing him I was serious.

"You don't even have a boyfriend. Stop this stupid game, it's not funny anymore." Denis said, rolling his cold blue eyes.

"So.. If I don't have a boyfriend, who is Alex? My dog?" I asked anger in me which made me clench my fists. I couldn't believe it; I hated lies more than anything. It was cruel.

"You're pathetic. It's sad to see you're not over it yet. It's been years, I know it's hard to move on but come on!" Denis said looking at me in the eyes with pity.

"I don't see why I need to move on. He loves me, you're just jealous. Find your own boyfriend." I said remembering what I heard a few weeks ago before falling asleep.

"I'm not even gay, stupid queer." He growled giving me a dead glare, passing a hand in his short red hair. I could see he wanted to beat me up. I was sure he would do it before the end of the day, I could feel it.

He got up as the bell rang, which signified the beginning of the classes. He could be handsome if he wasn't that mean; but the cruelty made him look horrible. The teacher entered and the classes began. At the end of the day, I managed to get out of the school without any serious damage. I made my way to Alex's house, entering without knocking and made my way to Alex's room. Finally.