The mysterious intruder

I trudge through the hall with my head permanently hanging downwards, scanning the floor for any intruders. I had to keep my vision clear just in case they were to pounce, but my emotional state didn't really improve this situation.

I couldn't completely get my head around it completely still, and to be honest, I didn't understand the entire tale of events. I was still unknown to whom had let the lie slip...

Until third period, I felt as if my emotions were slowly being built back together piece by piece, segment by segment. Whilst walking towards Mrs Adams' geography room door, I noticed a tall-framed person stopping me in my tracks. My arms were tensing up, and I had my hands clutched together just in case this person really did want to pick a hole in something they had heard, which in this case, was almost certainly true...

"Hi, I'm Julia," the mysterious intruder softly spoke. " You look, well, how do I put it - rather upset."
I looked down to the ground, avoiding at all eye contact with her. It's not that I didn't want to let my emotions slip, that's the one thing that I needed. To trust someone again, to regain my happiness levels, to cancel out the negative thoughts that are slowly eating away at my only thoughts.

I inhale over-dramatically, "It's going to be a long old story," I prepared myself to be let down, it's not like I haven't experienced it before, yet it probably was my fault in the first place.
"I have time," she smiled sweetly at me. I sigh mentally, but the smallest bit of hope rises, perhaps the previous events can be forgotten about?