A bonding friendship

We both stood in silence in what seemed like a few hours, but being the over-exaggerating person I am, probably over estimated that slightly; we'd actually been standing there for around two minutes.
"Anyway, don't worry you got me!" Izzy spoke out, ruining the silent spell we had just encountered. She placed her hand on my shoulder, in a kind and gentle sort of manner, which made my face break out into a small smile.
"Thank you, I do really appreciate. I guess I've only really had one close friend, that being Tegan and I haven't really ventured out to making any new ones," I said with a slight serious tone to my speech.
"Well it's your lucky day!" She replied, unleashing two thumbs up. I eagerly motioned back a quick thumbs up. We both had dramatised grins upon our faces, indicating the sheer delight in our recent actions.
"What class you got first then?" I wondered, showing a more confident side of my personality to my new chum. She counted from one to three and we both shouted 'maths' at the same time, giggling straight afterwards.
"Can I do the honour, of sitting by the one, the only, the best Georgie Griffiths ay?" She squealed, I'd never in my life been asked to sit by someone considered 'popular'...this was something brand new to me, and I wasn't going to risk the offer of missing it; not just because her father was Richard, I was actually really liking this kid.
"It would be my pleasure, miss Hammond!" I offered her my arm, and we began to skip down the corridor at a steady pace, whistling to the tune of 'We are off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of Oz' ( not going to lie, this is something that myself and my friends would probably do!!!)

I knew today was going to be good, even if it did mean not seeing Tegan. But I had a gut instinct something was up with her, and I'd just have to wait to see if it was true.

________________________________
QOTD:
-Do you think Georgie's predictions will become the truth?
- Will their friendship be destroyed?

Thanks a million guys, you've all made me so much more confident in my writing and I can see by the views you are liking it; this gives me motivation to carry on! Hope you're all having a good summer and yeah...

PEACE OUT ✌️✌✌✌✌✌
AND ROCK ON 🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘

(My motto in life like😉😉)