Chapter 20

Emily's POV

So yea...that was weird. What was wrong with him? This isn't some fairytale love story for him to be throwing pebbles at my window. Austin, I guess I could understand...but Luke???

I picked out a light purple dress that flowed and stopped right above my knees. It was just one of those everyday dresses. Cute and not too flashy. I let my hair down into lose curls, then put on some eyeliner and lipgloss.

Pleased with what I saw in the mirror, I grabbed my bag and made my way downstairs. I grabbed a granola bar and a bottle of water. My parents apparantly already left for work and David was still snoring. I decided not to wake him up. He'd only be here for a couple more days. He said he'd be leaving for some...college...thing. 

I was peacefully walking when someone ran up to me. I looked up and saw the last person I wanted to see. He stood there, smiling, looking as gorgeous as always, except I noticed that he had light bags under his eyes. Did I do that to him?

I sighed and just kept walking. He didn't say anything and just decided to walk with me. Great. "Nice weather huh?" He said trying to start a convo.

I just shrugged. "Of course its nice. You love this kind of weather. Not cold, not hot, just a bit cloudy..." He started but I cut him off. "What are you doing Austin?" He looked at me with wide eyes.

"What do you mean what am I doing? Nothing."

"You're pretending like nothing happened. I meant everything I said the other day"

"Well...I decided not to give you up. Come on now, I can't just give you up that easy! I'm not stupid Emmie!" He said while grinning. Was he serious? He can't be serious!

I just stared at him dumbstruck. I didn't realize my mouth was a bit open until he chuckled and put his index finger on my chin and closed my mouth.

"You might catch a fly."

"AUSTIN!!!!! You can't be serious! This isn't a joke."

He rolled his eyes. "Of course it's not. Who said it was? You're just too precious and important for me to give up."

Wow...dumbstruck again. I should be flattered. But right now, I'm just worried. He might just win. 

I opened my mouth to say something but I couldn't as I felt another someone catch up to us. "Hello beautiful." Ok seriously? What is up with today morning? I let out a frustrated sigh as I walked faster to get away from both of them.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Austin snapped. "Well I could ask you the same but I won't. I'm just walking to school." Luke just shrugged. 

"Hey Em...wait up!" Luke yelled and both of them caught up to me. Somebody save me!

"Since when do YOU get to call her Em??" Austin asked him. Luke shrugged again. I looked up at Austin to see that he's clearly frustrated. 

"Why do you get to call her your own nick names???" Luke threw back. "Because we've been best friends since we were little you dumba~~" Austin looked like he could kill Luke right now.

"We'll we've been friends for a little while now, right Em?" Luke asked me brightly. "Well we're wayyyy closer...right Emmie?" Austin added to it. 

"OH MY GOSH!!! JUST.leave me alone!! BOTH of you!!! Jesus!!!" And with that, I stormed off. What was up with these two????

Austin's POV

I watched her storm away. "This is ALL your fault!" I said, pushing Luke. He just scoffed. "Oh come on, it's obivious that she was suffering being with you" he said. 

Alright. Someone stop me before I kill him. He walked away before I could say anything. What a chicken. I walked by myself the rest of the way to school. I smiled to myself, remembering that I have Emmie in first period. Prepared to be loved my dear. 

When I walked into class, she was already in her usual seat with Peter sitting in the seat next to her. I smirked and walked up to him. "Hey bro...mind moving over a seat?" He looked up to me and shook his head. "No thanks man...I'm having a very nice conversation here with Em. Right?" He looked at Emmie with one of his brightest smiles. 

"Yes...yes we were. And I was getting all into it so PLEASE don't move over. Stay here Pete." She told him while glaring at me. 

"Pete...dude...move over." I told him and he smiled at me again. "I told you Austin I'm good ri..." I kicked him under his chair before he could finish.

"I'll be right back after saying hi to that girl over there." He got up and left. A huge grin formed on my face as Emmie let out a frustrated sigh. "Austin what the heck is wrong with you? Leave me alone and give Pete his seat back!" 

"Nah...I think he's good with whoever he was talking about. And plus...he'll be back and he can sit right here in this seat next to me" I told her with an innocent smile. 

I'm sure she was very aware of me staring at her through out the lecture. After all I was trying to get her to notice. That was...until the teacher threw the board eraser at me. 

"HEYYYY!!!" I complained...completely forgetting that I was talking to a teacher. "Well hello to you too. " He said. I heard Emmie's muffled laughter. I turned my head to her and shot her a glare. She just gave me an innocent smile. Yea right.

"Eyes up here please Mr.Stone, not the girl" He said and I saw Emmie's cheeks turn pink. I smirked and just nodded at the teacher. She blushed. That has GOT to mean SOMETHING. PLUS....it was cute. 

I started writing her notes, which she crumpled and threw back at me. Okay...when the bell rang she rushed out of her seat, tripping in the process. I caught her by the waist before she could fall. I slowly helped her stand up, my hands still around her. 

She looked at me, tears slowly welling up in her eyes. Oh no...that was the one thing I just couldn't take. She quickly blinked them away and mumbled a thanks as she took her stuff and rushed past me. 

I sighed. I had really hurt her. I don't know how to make it up to her. I don't know how to prove that I really am sorry, that I really regret what I did. I felt a pat on my back. I turned around to find Pete with a sympathetic look on his face.

"Don't look at me like that man...I'll get her back...just...somehow...I will!" My voice was strained. He nodded and held out his fist. I bumped it with mine then we started off to our next classes.