Chapter 5

Dang I've been doing a WHOLE lot of writing lately. Chapter after chapter after chapter! lets just call it a marathon and move on shall we? enjoy guys :)

Emily's POV

I could feel Austin's eyes on me the entire ride home. I knew I would have to tell him. I just didn't want him to over-react or anything. I sighed. "Em...? Come on spill it." He told me more than asking me. "Tell you what?" I asked innocently. "Not funny Emmie. Not working. You're gunna have to tell me. And you KNOW I'll know if you're lying." He told me and I sighed again. Let's face it. I was a bad liar. I took  a deep breath. "Ok fine...I'll tell you...just promise not to freak out. It wasn't even a big thing. Just a little convo." He nodded waiting for me to continue. "Umm...so..Luke's in my Bio class. We just officially met...and just talked...that's all." I finished off really fast and looked at him, hoping he would just leave it at that. "Talked? What kind of talk? And why were you so nervous when you came out? What did you two talk about? I mean..." I cut him off. "OK OK OK...ok...I'll tell you everything! Just...calm down. He just asked for a date...and obiviously I refused...and he said...he always gets what he wants one way or another. TADA! The end! Now...I'm starving. Let's hurry up and get home so we can eat." I said and looked at him. I could see his body tensing up. He looked like he was about to rip off the steering wheel. But he said nothing. He just nodded.

I let out a small breath of relief. At least he didn't over react like I thought he would. We decided on going to his house since I hadn't seen it yet. I wasn't really surprised that it was right next door to my house...it's been like that. I was happy. It felt just like old times. I walked into his house. Decent place...I looked around and soon he grabbed my arm and started pulling me upstairs to his room.

"Where are your parents?"

"At work probably. Don't worry you'll see them tonight. We're having dinner at your house apparantly."

"Huh...And I had no clue."

Well your parents were probably going to tell you when you get home. Speaking of which, you should call them and tell them that you're here."

I smiled and took my phone out, dialing my mom. She picked up and I told her that I was with Austin. She wanted me to tell her how I found out. I laughed and told her that I would tell her later. And we hung up. I looked around his room. Blue wallpaper...white curtains, double bed, his own bathroom, a closet, and the dresser had a picture of me and him on it. When we were little. He was kissing my cheek and I was giggling...and blushing. We must've been around 10 back then maybe. I smiled at the picture. Good old times. I was startled when Austin came up and hugged me from behind.

"Good times huh?"

"Yea...tell me about it" I smiled.

"Oh hey...I have football practice tomorrow so I have to stay after. If you don't wanna wait..its fine...I'll just...." He started but I cut him off.

"No...its alright...I'll wait. I haven't seen you in years and trust me...waiting for one hour is nothing." I giggled.

He smiled and kissed my cheek. "Good...I was hoping you would say that" I smiled as he said this and I looked at him. His gorgeous and flawless...perfect face. Was it possible for anyone to be this perfect? I stood there adoring him when he waved his hand infront of my face. "Hello? Earth to Em? You can check me out later but right now you should go home so that you'll have time to get ready." He smirked and I blushed. "Right. Ok....I'll see you tonight then." I gave him a hug. He hugged me back and walked me to the door. I got to my house and closed the door. What a day....Life was perfect, as of right now. I smiled. Today morning I was the girl who was depressed to be alone and now...I was considering my life perfect. See what Austin can do? I giggled. Austin! The dinner! I had to get ready! I ran up to my room to find a note on my door. It was from my mom.

'Hi sweetie, I was just letting you know that we have a dinner with Austin and his family today. be ready by 7:00. We'll be home soon. -Mom'

7:00...I looked at the clock. 5:30. Perfect. I had time. I got myself into the shower. I was seriously pumped about tonight. It's been a while since I'd seen his parents too.

Austin's POV

I wanted to leave already. I wore a midnight blue shirt with dark blue jeans. I wanted to see her already. "MOM! DAD! ARE we leaving anytime SOON?" I yelled and they said something but I couldn't make out what it was. I just ignored it and sat there in the living room impatiently. They finally decided to come out. "Finally! It's already 7:00 you know. First dinner with the Richardsons and you wanna be late????" I started going off on them. My mom and dad looked at each other in shock then looked back at me. They broke into low chuckles. "Sweetie...I know you can't wait to see Emily...and yes...we're going" My mom said as she walked past me. I slightly blushed and...WAIT blushed??? I did NOT just blush! Austin what the heck is wrong with you? It's just Emmie! I groaned in my head and walked out with them.

We rang the doorbell and Mrs.C opened the door. We walked in and my eyes searched for...there she was. Em. Looking beautiful as always. She was wearing a light pink sundress. Her beautiful dark hair down in loose curls. She had a little makeup on. Just perfect. Perfect...Like always. She came over to us and hugged my mom and greeted my dad. My parents and her talked for a while then my parents went over to her parents to talk. She walked over to me.

"You look gorgeous as always" I softly whispered in her ear. And she let out a soft giggle.

"Thankyou and you DON'T look so bad yourself." She told me and I smiled.

"Oh hey...I wanted to show you something. Where's your room?" I asked. She grabbed my hand and took me upstairs to her room. I looked around...mostly purple. Of course. I smiled. Then I saw her window. I dragged her over to the window and pulled the curtains away. "Look..." I said pointing outside to a window right across from their yard. "My room." She looked out and smiled big. "No way! Shut up! Really????" I nodded as I saw her eyes full of excitement. "I'm that close to you. If you call out I can hear you." I smiled as she hugged me tight. "This is amazing. Just when I thought it couldn't get any better..." she told me. She pulled away and I stared into her beautiful eyes. Gorgeous. Then Luke ran into my mind. I quickly shook him off. I will protect what's mine and not let it go.