Chapter 17

Picture of PETER!!!! ------------->>>>>

No babbling today. On with the story.... :)

Luke's POV

She sat there, on her bed, curled up into a little ball, softly sobbing. I felt like the biggest douche in the world. How could I do this to her? She looked so...helpless. I couldn't stop the guilt that shot right through my chest.

I sat there on the edge of her bed, my arms around her shoulder. She looked up at me. Her eyes were red and puffy. She had streaks of tears down her cheeks. I did this to her. Me.

She gave me a weak smile and buried her head in my shoulder. "Thank You..." She whispered into my shoulder. Great...that just made me feel even worse. Well, technically, it wasn't really ALL my fault. I mean, it was but, Olivia never told me what she had planned. All she had told me was to have Emily by the locker room when she texted me.

And I did. I did. That's what I did wrong. I just let her do whatever. I sighed. "I'm so sorry Em..." I softly said and she looked up at me. "For?" she asked.

I sighed again. "For everything...all this.." She let out a small humorless laugh. "It's not like it was your fault..." She said. But it was. How do I tell you? That's just gunna hurt her even more.

I softly caressed her cheek. "I can't stand seeing you like this Em" I told her and she looked a little surprised. Then her expression slowly softened and she shrugged. "I still can't believe it. I...It wasn't just her kissing him...he was actually kissing back...and when they pulled away, he looked like...like, he meant what he did. And that's what got to me. He just...smirked." She finished off, another tear rolling down her face.

Now that, I can TRULY say was not my fault. Why would that idiot go and kiss her back???? That's what caused the problem. I would never think that he would actually want to kiss Olivia. Guess I was wrong.

"I'm just gunna go clean up...I'll be right back." She told me and headed for the bathroom. I sat back and just looked up at the ceiling. When she told me what Austin did, half of the weight was lifted off my shoulders. I felt like it wasn't completely all my fault. And it wasn't.

Emily's POV

I splashed the cold water onto my face, hoping to wash away all the thoughts about Austin. Hoping that all this was just a really bad nightmare. The tears just wouldn't stop. They flowed along my cheeks, with the water.

I couldn't take it. I felt my sight blur again. I blinked back the tears that were threatening to escape. I felt my whole world spinning, thinking back to that horrible scene. This HAS to be a nightmare. He wouldn't do something like this.

My first love broke my heart. It killed me. I don't know how I'm ever going to get over this. I don't know how I'll ever get over Austin. I looked at myself in the mirror. I was a mess. My hair was all over the place, my eyes all red and puffy. I splashed water onto my face once again, before grabbing a towel and cleaning myself off.

I pull my hair up into a ponytail and walk out of the bathroom. Luke gave me a sad smile as I walked in. "Luke...thanks for everything...I really mean it...If you weren't there, I don't know what I would've done. But, I really need some girl time right now...so can I please talk to you later?" I asked him, my voice barely a whisper, and cracking here and there.

He got up and nodded before coming over to me and giving me a warm hug. I gave into his embrace. It was comforting. I quickly wiped my eyes before the tears could fall out. I pulled away and gave him the best reassuring smile I could force out, seeing the worry in his eyes.

It really was so sweet of him to care so much. But I don't want him to worry. He gave me a small nod and smiled back before walking out. Luckily, no one was home. Other wise, they would've made such a big deal about this. Especially David.

I called Lilly and Hanna. I got ice cream and movies and popcorn and chocolates ready in my room. Minutes later, I hear my doorbell ring. Sure enough, there they were. My two closest girl friends. I could see worry in their eyes.

Em...WHAT THE HELL DID THAT JERK DO???? I'M GUNNA KILL HIM!" Lilly screeched. I sighed and motioned for them to come in. Movie night with my girls really helped.  I told them everything, which, got them both irritated really fast. They both hated Austin with a passion now. We did our nails, watched movies, ate tons of junk food and talked...lots.

I woke up to "She will be loved" by Maroon 5 blasting through my room. I groan and open my eyes. I look around my room and see Hanna and Lilly both sleeping like logs. I chuckle lightly and slowly sit up.

We'd fell asleep last night. Ha! And the best part? No school today. Yea, exactly the reason why Jake was supposed to have a party yesterday night, but I don't know what happened to that. Yesterday's was pretty crappy. I never heard anything about his party...or any party at all, so I don't even know if he actually had it.

I slip out of my bed and start towards the bathroom. "I don't mind spending everyday....Out on your corner in the pouring rain, look for the girl with the broken smile, ask her if she wants to stay a while, and she will be loved..." I softly sang to myself. Stupid song. My heart felt heavy again. Oh boy!

I got out after a shower and got dressed in black shorts and a white off the shoulder top with a little black splattered over it. I saw that both the girls were awake too. Lilly looked at me and whistled while Hanna grinned. "Dang you look good" Hanna said and I just chuckled and rolled my eyes.

Austin's POV

I didn't get one second of sleep last night. I had terrible bags under my eyes. I looked out my window to Emmie's room. Her window's been closed ever since yesterday. I guess that was expected. But I could see shadows.

Two other people were in her room. Both girls. Must be Lilly and Hanna. It looked like they made her feel a little better. I felt a little better at that thought. I could never stand her...all...broken or depressed. And besides, she shouldn't be depressed over me. I didn't deserve her.

I'm such a douche.

My phone started going off. I answered it to find Jake on the other line.

'DUDE?? What the hell happened???'

'I messed up bad man...I mean...really bad Jake'

'Tell you what...the guys were planning to hang out today...I was gunna call you anyway about that, but now, it just seems like an even better idea. We'll come get you in an hour?

I sighed. 'Yea...sure...I need to clear my head anyway....'

'Alright man...see you in a bit'

Then he hangs up. I repeat, I am such a douche. I haven't even said sorry! Why??? I can't even face her...I know what I did was bad, but it wasn't anything like she thinks it was. I just wanted her out of our lives.

I got ready and the guys were at my house on time too. They all had just one question..."What the hell happened???"

And that's when I started explaining. Each and every single thing. Not leaving anything out. I was finally telling my side of this story. The true side. It needed to be let out. But all I know is....I need her back.