Chapter 20

Emily's POV

"This is crazy, I mean Louisa was alright but bounty hunters? Are you serious? Do they even exist for fuck's sake?!" I yelled across the room.

"Look, it's not my choice Em, it's what we've found out" Jordan responded. I kept silent, knowing it wasn't their fault.

The whole room fell silent, no one uttering a word. Logan looked deep in thought, causing me to wonder what was on his mind. He had been through enough, yet there was another thing to add to the pile of worries. I sighed, walking back to where he was, sitting next to him.

"We have to take them down" I spoke up after a while.

"I agree" Jack and Adam joined, causing Jordan and Larissa to speak up to. The room fell silent again, everyone except Logan stared at Tom, standing in the corner of his own living room. As if understanding the hint we urged on to, he unfolded his arms and rolled his eyes.

"Alright I'm in" I smirked, feeling a little more satisfied, the familiar thrill of danger coursing through my veins.

A humourless chuckle was heard from beside me as Logan elevated from his seat.

"No one is taking anyone down. Nothing is going to happen. We're going to keep living our life the way we do and that's it. Adam, find us somewhere to go, Tom doesn't need a hive of criminals living here" he concluded, stepping out of the room.

Once again, the room fell silent, no one uttering a word.

"Fine, you can stay here, but if the cops find you here, I'll kill you all. I will not lose my house over this" Tom interrupted, lightening up the mood. With that, the atmosphere calmed down a bit, and we all resumed to make a plan.

"Well, as much as he's going to keep on denying it, I'm going through with this plan, so Adam, Jordana, get to work, find me a location. The rest of us, we've gotta come up with a plan" with that, everyone rushed around, getting to work. Slowly, Tom walked back towards the table, grabbing his glass of scotch before settling down on the sofa.

"The media doesn't know about me, and with that I'm sure no one at this bounty place knows about me either, which means I can get in there, work for them, maybe find some information that can bring them down if not weaken them and lose their bounty over Logan" I suggested.

"That's a rubbish plan!" Tom exclaimed, almost spilling his drink out. "I say we all walk in there like we own the place and shoot every single member inside dead. Show those fuckers whose boss. Simple and easy" He suggested, taking another large sip of his drink.

"We do not want a blood bath Tom, we just need to make our way out of this situation"

"Oh for fu-"

"Sorry to interrupt but do keep in mind that the bounty over him is 8 million dollars, dead or alive" Adam interrupted, his eyes never leaving the screen.

"Wait a minute, if they wanted to capture Logan, why send him to jail?" Larissa hinted. The room fell into familiar silence, everyone deep in thought.

"They were probably striving to get him out of there before anyone got to him, too bad they were too late" Tom replied, walking up to a corner of his living room, pushing an area of the wall, before causing the small squared area of the wall to open up, revealing a small area from which Tom pulled out a small laptop, closing the wall back before walking towards us.

"Try to steal anything and I will shoot you" he commented as he viewed our widened eyes.

He then sat down wordlessly, flipping the laptop open and getting on with whatever he intended to discover as we all sat silent in the room, the sound of typing keys being the only sound present in the room.