Chapter 23

Emily's POV

"So what, I'm just supposed to walk in there and ask for Logan's case?" I questioned casually, shrugging my shoulders at Tom, who also casually stood by the doorway smoking his cigar.

"Yes"

"Won't that rise suspicion?" He laughed at my question, killing the cigar before walking towards the kitchen, having me follow behind him like a lost puppy.

"You taking initiative inside a bounty station might rise suspicion, but that's what you've got all your loser friends and me for Barbie. So now get up and get that excuse ready for when Logan sees you exit the house for a third time in three days, and then leave" he commented whilst making himself a simple sandwich.

I pressed my hand to my forehead, taking a deep breath.

What was I to tell Logan?

He had already started getting suspicious; this was not going to be as easy as I thought.

"Good Luck Barbie" Tom said as he flew right passed my vision to resume to his own situations.

"Thanks" I murmured to myself, thinking once again on what I could possibly do.

What's worse is that God decided that very moment was perfect to throw in Logan's entry.

"What are you thinking so hard about?" his voice startled me, causing me to jump back a little, placing a heart on my speeding heart.

"You scared me" I mentioned, taking a deep breath as I watched him chuckle before coming to my side, encircling me in his arms.

"What are you thinking so hard about?" he repeated, increasing the already present pressure within me. I hesitated for a few brief minutes, staring at his face with a weird expression until I decided t blurt something.

"I want to stay here"

He frowned and then chuckled, increasing my confusion even more.

"Why do you want to stay?"

"Um... you know... my father and all. I can't exactly leave my mother and Joseph and everything. So maybe you should go ahead and when I'm done, I'll meet you where you are" I managed to say, successfully.

Logan nodded, his expression showing he was deep in thought.

"Alright, but I'm not leaving. We stay together" his words did manage to bring a smile to my face, but right now I needed to get Logan out of here if I wanted my plan to succeed.

"Logan, I know you want to stick with me, and believe me, so do I, but the police is after you and I can't risk keeping you here just for the sake of having you with me. You need to leave and I WILL get back to you. I would never leave you" his grip on me tightened at my words, and he pulled me closer.

"I don't care if the FBI come looking for me, I am staying with you every minute and every second of my life" he whispered to me, pulling me into a hug.

I hugged back, holding him close to me.

I loved the man infront of me, and despite the lying, I knew I was doing what I was doing to save him, because he spent his life saving me, and now it was my turn.

I glanced at the clock behind him, realizing that it was time to return to the bounty station. I parted from the hug, shooting him a small smile.

"I love you...but I have to go" I whispered to him.

"To visit your dad again?" I nodded, guilt consuming me at his words. He smile, and let go of me, placing a small kiss on my temple.

"Be safe" he whispered to me before walking away from my view.