Chapter 22: Poison

Stiles POV

After being rejected it sorta hurt my ego. I don't know why I was acting like that.

"Let's just go to sleep Stiles." Derek whispers pulling me into his chest and laying down.

I stay curled up in his chest, but I couldn't fall asleep. 8 didn't want to. When Derek fell asleep I got up.

I quietly moved to my bathroom. I look at myself in the mirror. I was paler than usual. Dark bags were under my eyes.

I looked terrible.

I walk out of the bathroom and down to the kitchen. It was 12:04. I open a drawer by the sink. It was full of knifes. Sharp knifes.

Picking up the sharpest, longest knife, I walk into the living room. I twist the knife in my hands. I hold it right next to my belly button.

The point stabbed into my stomach. I pushed the blade all the way in.

"Fuck!" I scream in pain. I didn't even realize what I was doing.

Derek comes running down the stairs and sees me holding the knife in my stomach.

"What the fuck Stiles? Did you do this?" Derek rushes over to me. He quickly pulls the knife out. I scream.

"I don't know what I was doing." I whisper through gritted teeth.

"It's not healing Stiles!" Derek yells.

"What? Shouldn't it be healing?" I ask confused.

"It is Stiles! Why isn't it fucking healing? Why did you do this?" Derek yells at me.

"I don't know Derek. Stop yelling at me. It really hurts Derek. I can't-I can't - I I" I fall to the ground.

The edges of my vision turning black. "Stiles! I'm taking you to the hospital!" At that Derek picks me up.

He runs me outside and places me in the passenger side of his car. Derek quickly drives in the direction of the hospital.

Everything goes dark.

...

I scream as I jolt up. Immediately regretting it because my stomach hurts like hell.

"Stiles! You're awake!" My dad runs over to me and hugs me.

"Dad please stop. My stomach." I sigh and he quickly stops.

"Sorry. Why aren't you healing?" He asks. I shrug.

"I don't know." I say just as Derek walks in. He smiles when he sees I'm awake.

"Stiles you're awake." Derek sighs. He walks to my side, not hugging me but kissing me.

"Oh um..." dad awkwardly backs up.

"Sorry um sheriff." Derek says backing up too.

"It's fine um I'll leave you two alone." Dad says walking out of the hospital room. 

"Awkward."

"Ya definitely."

Just then a man with a hooded jacket walks in and locks the door. "The fuck?"

The man pulls the hood down and I realize it's the man that injected me.

I was getting scared and Derek knew that so he stood in front of me. "Why are you here?" Derek demands.

"Stiles isn't healing. Don't you want to know why?" The man smiles pulling out the substance that he had injected into me.

"What did you do to him?" Derek asks getting closer to me and holding my hand.

"He's gonna be human again. A defenseless human. One that's easy to kill." The man laughs.

"What?" I ask.

"The poison makes you human. Why do you think your mom died. She was injected with the same stuff. Making her human and killing her. The same will happen to you." He smirks.

"How do we save him?" Derek asks.

"And why would I tell you?"

"Because if you don't, I will kill you in the most painful way imaginable. How. Do. We. Save. Him." Derek threatens.

The man just smiles. He turns around and walks out of the room. Derek was about to follow but I grab his arm.

"Derek." I cry.

"Stiles I will save you. I promise." Derek whispers. Tears fall from his eyes.

"Don't make promises you can't keep. I'm gonna die. Nothing you can do. Trust me. If this is the same stuff that killed my mom then there is no cure." I stop crying and pull Derek onto the bed with me.

"I can't let you die Stiles. I love you." Derek cries.

"That's why you have to let me go. Just like the song Derek." I chuckle.

"I can't let you go. Fuck the song. I'm gonna find a cure because I love you." Derek says kissing me desperately.

I didn't want him to stop kissing me. If this was my last few days then I just wanted to spend them with Derek.

"Don't leave me till the end Derek. You will find love again. My dad did. So will you. I love you Derek." I say hugging him.

"I won't ever leave you."

So emotional😢😢Stiles is gonna die! Why? I'm sorry I'm such a terrible person.