Chapter 4: Death

Sorry I had to do another Derek POV because it wouldn't really make a ton of sense to make it a dead guys POV... Don't hate me lol...

Derek POV

My heart stopped. Stiles was dead. Doctors stormed around us. Around Stiles dead, lifeless body.

A tears slid down my face as one male doctor asked me to leave.

"I have to stay with him." Is all I managed to say.

"I get it. You love him. You want him safe. But you need to go." Those words stuck with me. 'You love him.'

Do I?

I stepped out. I stood in the empty hallway alone. I've never felt more alone.

Stiles heart stopped beating long before the doctors got to him. I heard it's last beat.

He was gone. His body was gonna shut down all together and be buried in the ground next to his mom.

He's really dead. I thought he would be strong enough to survive the bite.

The doctors came out.

"I'm sorry. We couldn't do anything for him. He's gone." The male doctor that asked me to leave said.

I shake my head, tears now flowing from my eyes.

"I have to inform his father and friends so I have to leave. Sorry again for your loss." The doctor leaves.

I sit down slowly. My face in my hands. And that's how I was until the sheriff came.

"No. No it can't be. He can't be." John starts crying. "Not him too."

"I'm sorry." I place a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"My boy is dead. How did I let this happen?" He cried out.

"It's not your fault sheriff. It's mine. I'm sorry." I take my hand away.

"How was it your fault. What did you do?" He looks me straight in the eye.

"I'm the one that let him into the pack. I put him in danger from day one." I look down at his feet.

"You didn't put him in danger. You gave him purpose." He sniffs. "Am I allowed to see?" him?"

"I think so." I nod.

He places a hand on my shoulder as he passes me. Walking into the room that has his dead son in it.

I can hear him crying and whispering. I leave. I see Scott and Liam enter together along with the other pack members. They were all crying.

"What happened?" Scott asked.

"I don't know. We were talking then he just, stopped responding." I say with no emotion.

"Oh god." Lydia cries out.

I walk out leaving everyone to mourn. My heart hurts. I lost a friend today.

My only true friend. The only person who would actually talk to me outside of pack meetings.

He cared. I cared for him. Now he was gone for good. And I couldn't do anything about it.

"Derek. Help." I hear a faint whisper.

I turn around quickly and to my surprise I see the very man that was just laying on a bed dead.

Stiles.