Chapter 20: Difficulties

Stiles POV

Derek left because we decided to find them when the sun came up tomorrow. It was almost midnight and would be difficult to try finding several people in the dark.

I tossed and turned trying to get comfortable. Sleep was hard to get nowadays. When finally my eyes became heavy and slowly I drifted to a deep sleep.

...

I slept good. Best sleep I've had in ages. Derek was watching me. I sit up slowly. "Hey Der. Whatcha doin here?" I ask rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

"We are going now. I know where they are." I quickly stand up at his words.

"What? How?" I ask getting dressed as he watches me.

"No time. Let's go." He grabs my arm and pulls me towards my door.

I follow him willingly. Not questioning it. We eventually make our way to his car.

He starts driving in silence. "How did you find them?" I ask again.

"No time." He answers.

"What do you mean 'no time'? We're driving for god knows how long. We've got time." I counter.

"I said no time." Derek growls back. What was up with him today?

Suddenly we make a sharp right and go into the woods.  "What the literal fuck are we doing?!" I scream as his car bumps up and down from the rough floor of the forest.

"We are going to save our friends Stiles." He says turning his head to look at me.

"Eyes on the road big guy." I yell turning his head back.

Derek places his foot futher on the pedal. "Derek slow the fuck down!"

He turns his head once again and smiles big. If we weren't driving so fast that I literally thought I would die, I would think that smile was amazing. But right now it looks creepy.

Out of nowhere, we stop. There was a small narrow building, smaller than a house. Derek and I walk up to it and he opens the door.

I was expecting it to look a lot bigger but there wasn't anything in it but a staircase leading down.

"Should we go? It looks really scary." I whisper holding onto Derek's arm.

He doesn't answer, he just walks forward and down the stairs. "Okay um ya we can just go down the super creepy stairs." I answer for him.

At the bottom of the stairs is a long hallway. At the end of that is a room behind closed doors.

"What do you think is behind that?" I ask clinging tighter to his arm.

"Our friends." Is all Derek says.

We slowly walk closer and closer to the metal doors. "Derek what if they aren't in there?"

He looks at me then back at the door. "They are."

"How do you know?" I whisper as we get to the door.

Derek tilts his head to the side and opens the door. I wish he didn't. "Oh my - I can't breathe. Get me outta here." He doesn't move.

Scott, Malia, Lydia, and all the rest of my pack were torn apart. "Derek!" I scream grabbing his arm to run out of there.

Suddenly he falls to the ground. Blood flowing freely out of his back where a knife stuck out.

"Derek!" I scream again getting on my knees and holding him up.

"Stilessss" I voice sounds from the doorway. I quickly look up, tears staining my face.

The man with the arrows tattoo. Standing inches away. With another knife in his hand. His face was covered by a mask.

"W-Why did yo-you k-ill them?" I stutter out choking on my tears.

"Because Stiles. You couldn't save them. They will all die. Plus I didn't kill them Stiles. You know who did." The man laughs. I look down at Derek. The knife in his back was gone. Claw marks were visible.

I look up at the rest of them. Torn apart. I did know who did this. I did.

I hold my hands up to my eyes. They were covered in blood. Their blood. Derek's blood.

"I did this. I killed them." I whisper. Tears falling into Derek's lifeless body.

"Yes Stiles. You did and you're not going to stop. You are going to kill everyone. Everyone." He walks closer.

"No no no. I can't. I can't." I cry hugging Derek. "I need you." I whisper to Derek.

Suddenly my hands become claws. I can feel myself changing. "No!" I roar as the beast takes over.

"The only way to save everyone is to not save yourself. Kill yourself." He walls over to Derek as I back away.

"To bad. I liked Derek." He adds laughing.

I roar. Lifting my arm I slash the man. In one blow he's dead. I killed him.

I shift human once again. I go to Derek's side. "I'm so so sorry. I love you." I brush his cheek.

Derek opens his eyes and looks straight at me.  "Stiles. Stiles please. Please wake up."