Chapter Seventeen-XVII

Thanks to DemonWithAngelWings for writing half this chapter when I was in great need of some help! I don't know what I'd do without her! Thanks for the help friend!

Chapter 17

“Come on Alix, we need to go now.” I urge him. I grab his hand and start running taking him with me. We needed to figure out where we needed to go next fast, before we ran into Pierce and Sakura again. We ran passed the torched flag and some teachers. They yelled at us to stay here, but we had no time. I still had my backpack, I dropped the school one somewhere, but I didn’t mind dropping the other one, it meant less things to carry now. I held on tight to my bag as Alix picked me up and took off like this morning. 

“Go to my house.” I tell him.

“What? Why?” He asks.

“I need to tell her that I’m leaving and why. She’ll probably get a call from the school, but there’s a good chance I’m not coming back, so I want to tell her good-bye. I may hate her, but I still need to do it. I’m not going anywhere if you won’t let me.” I state.

“Fine, but make it quick. We have to go and you know that.” He tells me like an over protective parent.

“Whatever. Just hurry up. We don’t have all day.” I say to him. With Alix flying his fastest, just like earlier it took us about five minutes to get there. I jump out of his arms and I decided he can come with me this time since I was leaving and I wasn’t coming back.

“Mom!” I yell into the house.

“Why aren’t you at school?” She asks as she comes in. She stops and looks at Alix.

“Who’s this?” She asks as well.

“This is Alix. He’s like me, well, sort of. We have to go and I just wanted to tell you that before I ran off again. I...I have to go. I’m sorry, but it’s sort of what I’m supposed to do. I have to go stop something major from happening. You don’t understand, but I wanted to say bye anyways.” I explain the best I could. She looked confused, angry, and mad at me and at Alix too. 

“I won’t allow it Alana. Especially not with some guy you barely know.” She tells me seriously.

“I know him really well actually. I first met him when I ran off with Sakura, and he’s been practically living in my closet the past few days.” I tell her. Now she looked shocked that I could pull things like this off so easily.

“How did he even get up there?” She asked astonished.

“Mom, he can fly.” I say. Alix pulls his wings out partially. She looked at him stupidly.

“Well, anyways. You should be expecting a call from the school anytime now. I have to go. I have my stuff. I don’t know if I’ll see you again, but I just wanted to tell you good-bye. Just in case.” I say walking out. Alix had his wings out all the way now.

“Ready?” He asks. He lifts me up ready to go.

“Alana!” My mom yells, “Alana! You get back here right now! Don’t you leave! Put her down!” She calls at us, but it was no use. I had stuff to do and I wasn’t letting her get in the way of it. 

“Bye, mom!” I call down to her as we fly up. I wave too. She looks up at me with the most furious face. Finally, I was free. Sort of. From her at least. I was sure she would call the cops or something, but who cares. I was going to stop a war from starting.

I wasn’t really sure where we were going, but we were just leaving. We passed over school, and I saw people picking up their kids and people pointing up at us. We were flying low enough for them to see us. Oh well, I didn’t want all of their parents to think they were too crazy.