Chapter Ten-X

Chapter 10

I woke up, I could still feel the salty tear streaks on my face. I got up and went into the little bathroom off my room. I washed the dried tears off my face and saw that my streaks in my hair were slightly changing to a different color. Red maybe? That wasn’t odd or anything right? It probably just came along with the whole new power thing I just got. I wasn’t too worried about it, seeing as I still had to make a decision and make it fast. Should I stay or should I go? 

I walk out of the tiny bathroom and open my door. A breeze came rushing at me as I opened it. My room was a little warmer then the rest of the house, but it felt nice anyways. I stepped out into the hallway still in yesterday’s clothes to get breakfast. I was starving, I had no dinner before I ran to my room last night. I searched through the cabinets and found a box of cereal. There was no milk to go with it, but I would just have to deal with it. It didn’t seem like anyone else was up yet, and I had no idea what time it was, but the sun was shining brightly through the small cabin windows that lined the kitchen. For a second, I felt that someone was watching me, but i guess it was just paranoia and brushed the feeling off. 

I went to go sit on the couch with my box of dry cereal. I sat down and a puff of dust rose from the couch and made it look like small flakes of glitter shining in the sun’s rays. It was quiet in the small house. I got up and a floorboard creaked under the pressure of my foot. It about scared the crap out of me too. Another thing that scared me was Alix walking out of his room right after that. I didn’t realize that anyone was there until I looked up and saw him there wondering what I was doing staring down at the floorboards on my tiptoes with my eyes popping out of my head. When I saw him I almost screamed. It was definitely a scary experience for me. At least one of them. 

“I was thinking,” Alix started.

“Oh god, we’re all screwed now.” I say to him. He gives me a look and turns back to whatever he was doing.

“If you want to go off by yourself so bad, then someone should go with you, just in case,” He turns to me and says.

“And this someone would be?” I ask.

“Me.” He states.

“Hm. Maybe....I haven’t really decided yet. I don’t want to leave anyone behind, but yet, I feel I need to.” I tell him.

“Yeah, it’s probably hard to make a decision like that so soon, but it needs to be done.” he declares.

“I know, and yet I don’t know. What do you think I should do? I need to make this decision today. What should I do? I’m so lost.” I ask him. I needed some guidance in making this decision. Otherwise, I’d probably make the wrong one, like cutting the wrong wire.

“Well, if you go on your own, you’d still have me, because I’m not leaving you either way, and if you stayed with everyone else, you may have more of a chance of being protected. There’s more of us than her.” He reasons.

“But,” he adds, “Going alone would mean more danger for yourself and I, while going with a group means more danger for us, which I don’t mind.” There was a downside to both. More danger for me? More danger for them? Me or them? I was really starting to hate making decisions like this, but it had to be done.

“Then,” I start, “I guess I’ll go by myself....or with you. There’s no chance of me getting rid of you at all is there?”

“Not a chance.” he laughs.

“Now, I just gotta tell everyone,” I say, “What will they say?” 

“No idea, but I think they’ll know why you chose it at least.” He states.