Chapter Thirteen-XIII

Chapter 13

About forty-five minutes later, the police show up with my mom. I saw her blonde hair as she stepped out of the car, but it was too dark to see much more. As she got closer with every step towards the door, I tensed up more. I wished Alix was here with me right now, all I could do was think about later. A few knocks at the door and, Mrs. Handry, which I learned what her name was, opened the door. 

My mom looked at me, with such relief, but there was no happiness in her eyes. 

“Mom,” I said in a whisper.

“Alana! Dear! I’ve missed you so much the past few days! Don’t do that to me ever again!” She came over and hugged me.

“Never do that again or I swear to god Alana, I will kill you.” She whispered gruffly into my ear as she hugged me. What a great reunion so far, at least she hasn’t killed me yet.

I wrapped my arms around her to try and make this whole happy reunion believable. 

“Alana why don’t you go sit in the car, while I talk to these nice people who’ve found you.” She says to me. She also made sure an officer went with me that way I couldn’t leave. As I walked outside and the wind blew gently, the bush next to me shook a little harder than it should have. The officer looked at it and mumbled something that I couldn’t hear and took my arm to make sure I didn’t run. He opened the car door for me and slammed it shut after I got in. I locked the doors and gave him a big sarcastic smile as he looked down at me. I looked over at the big front window of the house and looked into the bushes. I saw a flash of blue eyes for a second then they were gone. I was completely reassured for the ride home, that everything was going to be just fine. 

About ten minutes later, my mom walked out of the house smiling and waving. She walked pass the bushes Alix were in, and tried opening the car door. I completely forgot it was locked.

“Alana! Open the freaking door.” She demanded irritated. I smiled sweetly at her and unlocked the doors. She glared at me and got it. She slammed her door incredibly hard. The officer walked away, and she started the car and put it in reverse.

“I can’t even believe you Alana. What the heck were you thinking? Running away with Sakura like that! I can’t believe I ever let you hang out with her. Never again will I allow it.” She exclaims. 

“Don’t worry, I probably won’t be seeing Sakura for a long, long time. We’re sort of, frenemies now I guess. If that’s what you wanna call it.” I explain.

“She left you alone! Why wouldn’t you come home then? Alana where the heck is your common sense!? You’re freaking crazy. You shouldn’t have done that. You’re going to be grounded for the rest of your life got it? Do you got it Alana?” She yells crazily.

“Yeah, mom. I so got it.” I say lamely. Wow, was her bubble going to burst when she sees me no where in sight tomorrow morning.

“When you get home, I want you in your room, and I will be in there in a few minutes, to make sure you don’t leave again.” She says. She didn’t trust me anymore. Okay, I got that, but it screwed up the rest of Alix’s and my plans. I look out the window at the sky, there wasn’t much cloud cover, and I hoped to spot Alix. I didn’t see him, so I look out my mom’s side. I see a flash of blue, in her rearview mirror and I know she sees it too. 

“What the heck was that?” She asks confused.

“Don’t know.” I say smirking. She looks at me and shakes her head. I probably smiled the rest of the way home. 

It was about half an hour drive to my house from where we were. I got out of the car and went to the front of the house.

“Mom! I need the keys!” I yelled.