Chapter One-I

Chapter 1

I opened my eyes ready to see who ever was carrying me away from my home, my family, and my life. I recognized the tail instantly. Sakura. She had showed me her “power” a few days before this. She had caramel tail and one caramel ear and another white ear. When she showed me what she could do, I was shocked. I had nothing to say. I knew she wasn’t a freak. She told me I had something special in me too and asked what it was and if I could show her. I had no idea what it was though. I tried to remember anything I could have done before this that had given me a hint of what I was, but nothing came to mind. I told her I was sorry that I couldn’t think of anything and she said she would help me figure it out, but we hadn’t gotten that far before my mom started calling me names. 

“Sakura?” I asked wearily.

“Mhm?” She answered obviously aware that I was awake.

“What are we doing? Where are we going? What happened?” Questions just spilled out of my moth unsure of what to ask next.

“I’ll tell you everything when we get to where we are going. I can’t tell you now because there might be...people...coming.” She said looking around swiftly, slowing down a little bit, but then picking up more speed.

“What? People? Sakura? What are you even talking about??” I questioned her unsure of whether to trust her anymore.

“I’ll tell you when we get there!” she snapped at me quickly.

“Okay, Okay!!” I say speedily before she got even more annoyed with me. I knew I should trust Sakura, she had always been through everything with me. We were always there for each other and had always been friends with each other even through times when we fought. We were both considered outcasts of our school, because we acted differently than the others. Sakura had caramel colored hair with auburn streaks. She also had two different colored eyes. One was aqua blue and the other was a lighter brown. I thought they were pretty. That was actually how we became friends. 

I went up to her one day and told her she had beautiful eyes. It was during our lunch period at school, she was sitting by herself at one end of the table, and I was on the opposite side at the other end. I looked up and saw her looking at me and that’s when I noticed her eyes. She looked down briskly and stared at her food. After a few minutes, I slid down to her end of the table and was right across from her. I told her she had really pretty eyes and sat there for a few minutes. I was about to slid down back to my end of the table, when she said thanks quietly. She told me she liked my eyes too. My eyes were as well, an unusual color. Apparently everybody who has something “special” has odd colored eyes. My eyes are a deep purple, close to the color of a really ripe plum. They were dark, they also matched the color of the streaks in my hair. My hair was black, so it complimented my streaks and eyes nicely. The purple was natural in my hair. I had no idea why, it just was. My mother had always hated my eyes. My dad had the same color eyes as me, but I had never known him according to my mom. He had walked out on me when I was about two. I wasn’t sure if it was true or not, but I hadn’t heard anything about him other than that. My mom resented my father for doing that. I’m guessing the reason for it was because she had me, and I was like him apparently. So I’m guessing my father was “special” too. 

After a while, we reach a cave. Sakura sets me on my feet and I walk around. She signals to me to stop for a moment and be quiet to she can sense if there was anyone around with her keen cat ears. Sakura’s ears were two different colors like her eyes. One was the caramel color of her hair, and the other white. Her tail was also the color of her hair. She had no idea whatsoever how she got the white ear. She had no white in her hair or anywhere on her. She wasn’t even sure how she came to be a cat. Neither of her parents had special qualities about them. I doubt they even knew she was a cat. She transformed and the cat ears and the tail went missing. I usually saw her that way so it felt like I knew her better now. She signaled me to come with her further into the cave. I hesitated a bit and walked forward with her seeing as she was my best friend. We walked for a few minutes and as you would have thought, the cave would get smaller the farther we go back, it just got taller and wider. As we walked I kept getting more and more confused. I knew something was messed up, because when we were outside it looked small and uncomfortable.