Chapter Eight-VIII

Chapter 8-Written by DemonWithAngelWings

“We need to find him now.” I state. Lync nods and we both head in shouting for him. I really hope he’s somewhere close, and that he’s OK. It’d be a nightmare if Pierce got to him.

“Alix!” I shout from the top of lungs, and that cause my voice to finally crack. Tears fall from my eyes. I can’t take this, I can’t lose him. I already lost Sakura. “Alix! Come back please!”

“Shut up!” I hear a flap of wings and soon I’m lifted off the ground. “Lync use the shadows to hide!” My breath leaves me as, I start to gain altitude. I look below us to watch Lync disappear. “That was stupid of you.” 

“I know, but I didn’t wanna lose you.” Some of the tears start to freeze.  as we get higher. Alix’s grasp is tight on the upper part of my arm, it makes me feel safe for two reasons. One, I know I won’t fall to my death, and two, I know I can trust him. I knew that from the beginning. 

“I did’t wanna lose you either, that’s why I’m protecting you. I vow to protect you, and mainly you.” It could be the coldness or I’m just blushing, but I know my face is red. “Anyway, I was running because I think one of Pierce’s goons were after me. I didn’t really get to see who it was, but I knew they had some kind of animal ears and tail.”

At the mention of animal ears and tail makes me think of Sakura. Could it be her? “You think it could be . . . “

“Sakura?” It’s like he just read my mind, but then I remember that’s Jason. “I thought about that, but then I let it go. I don’t want to think about it.” Neither do I, do you know how disappointing it would be if it was her?

“So did you lose them?” I ask brushing away the thought.

“Yeah I think, we should go back to the cave now. Hopefully Lync is smart enough to know where we’re going.”

After a few minutes of flying, we finally arrive at the cave. Alix gently sets me down, then lands himself. I enter the cave and everything is packed up ready to be taken back.

“You think Lync had been here?” I say putting some packs over my shoulder.

“Oh something tells me he was.” I swerve around to see where the voice had come from. I looked back at Alix and he just shrugged. “Ha, whoops.” Lync slowly comes into view. He first looks like a ghost, just a faint shape, then he becomes more solid. 

I let out a sigh of relief, “Do you know how much you scared me?” He laughs.

“Yeah I had a pretty good idea, considering I was standing right here watching your eyes bulge out of your head.”

“Oh, be quiet!” I say throwing something at him, but he easily dodges it. He then picks up another object and sends it at me. My reflexes aren’t fast enough and it hits me square in the face. Lync’s laughter stops when I look him in the eyes, with my piercing ones.

“Alana . . . you’re eyes are turning pure red.” Lync’s eyes fill with fear. “Alana?” I raise my hand and it fills with a purple wisp. “What are you doing?” He starts to back away, when I start hurling power orbs at him.

“Must. Kill.” Slithers from my mouth. Lync keeps dodging them, until he trips over a pack.

“Alana, please don’t! I really didn’t mean it! I’m sorry!” My hand raises with the biggest sphere of power. I’m about to blast a final blow, when Alix grabs my arms and pins me back.

“Get ahold yourself!” I zone out for a moment then come back to reality. I shake my head, I feel so light headed. 

“What just happened?” Alix let’s me go and I hold my head in my hands.