Chapter 29 "Holy Ship!"

Yes the title of this chapter is a pun...

Spoilers ahead for Steven bomb 5!!!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

You POV

I wake up on the ground. Everything seems to be spinning. Once I'm able to make out what's in front of me, I see Garnet and Steven hovering over me. "Y/n!" I hear Garnet call my name. "Y/n, are you okay?!" I sit up while rubbing my head. "Y-yeah. I'm fine. Where am I right now?" I look around, and see the palanquin. I just answered my own question when I suddenly remembered Greg. "Steven!" I shot my attention right at him. "Your dad! We need to get him!" Steven and Garnet then helped me up, and we rushed to the nearest warp pad.

When we got to the temple, Steven and Garnet explained what happened. We then made a plan to take the Ruby ship. We got to the barn and Steven was talking on the phone while Peridot was telling us about the settings and calibrations on it. Eventually, Steven ended the phone call, and the gems got onto the ship. "Peridot, Lapis, y/n," Garnet said. "You three need to stay here and protect Beach City while we're gone."
"What?! But I wanna come too! I wanna help!"
Garnet then stepped out of the ship, and put her hands on my shoulders. "Look y/n." She said. "I love you. I really do! And because of that, I want you to stay here on Earth where it's safe. You haven't trained enough, and I don't want you getting hurt on this mission."
"Wha?! But!"
"Y/n!" Garnet interrupted me. "Please." I sighed and looked at her. "Okay, I won't go."

I'm gonna go.

The three gems stepped inside, and while they were trying to start it, I slipped in and quickly jumped into one of the Ruby seats.

We were now in space, and I was as quiet as a mouse. I looked out the window, and saw the stars. They were extremely gorgeous, but not a gorgeous as Garnet's eyes. Steven pressed a button that made everything spin around me, and eventually go black.

I woke up to the sound of Pearl calling Steven's name. She has a really nice voice. I then got up and looked behind the chair. I tried my best to hide my laughter when I saw the gems in Ruby form, and many other forms that I didn't know. Eventually, Steven pressed a button, and I got pinned to my chair along with Steven. I looked at where the gems were, and they seemed to have poofed. "STEVEN!" I yelled. "Y/n?! What are you doing here?!" He replied.
"Never mind that! What did you do!"
"I don't know!"
Then I noticed that if we didn't stop, we would crash right into the zoo. "Steven! Press the screen!"
Steven tried and tried his best, but he soon failed. "I can't y/n!"
"Yes you can Steven! I know you can! And when you do, DON'T tell the gems that I'm here! Please!"
Steven looked at me and then nodded. He then used all of his might, and finally pressed the screen with two hands. I could see tears in his eyes, and I really felt bad for him.

Once the ship got to normal speed, Steven and I hit our heads on the counter tops. "Are you okay y/n?" Steven asked me while rubbing his head. "Yeah. You?" I started rubbing my head as well. "Yeah." The gems then sorta warped in. Steven started talking to them, as I hid behind the chair. Garnet and Pearl then explained what happened to their light, and made Steven feel better. "What you did, got us to the Zoo." I feel bad for not listening to her, but I still wanted to help her. I wasn't going to sit there while my girlfriend fought for Earth. I'm going to fight along side her whether she likes it or not!