Chapter 9 "New Friends?"

You had decided to take a break with from the temple drama, and go with Steven and visit Peridot and Lapis at the barn. "Thanks for letting me come with you, Steven." You said happily. "No problem, y/n. Its the least I could do after all that had previously happened." You smiled at him and he smiled back. "Lapis! Peridot! Did you forget that you favorite Steven was coming over for a sleep over, I also have someone for you to meet!" You smiled, expecting the barn to open. There was no answer, but you thought about how weirdly they screwed up the barn. "How did they even get that giant water tank in there anyways?" You thought to yourself. Steven said some other things, but you didn't listen and somehow he ended up breaking a statue of an alien, with antlers. "The f?" You thought. "Maybe they're just not here." You said. Steven then turned around and looked at something behind you. You turned around to see what he was looking at. "Whoa!" You both looked at the giant corn field in awe. You both walked through the corn field while Steven started talking about the 'alientalope' thing he broke. "Lapis! Peridot! I'm sorry for breaking your door thingy! Makes a good mask tho!" You both got to the end of the field when you were surprised at being sprayed with water, and so Steven dropped the alien thing. When the water stopped, you saw a blue woman reading a book. "Steven!" She said. Then she flew over to you both with her water wings. As she flew over, you noticed a small green person with triangle hair, riding a tractor. "Steven!....I'm on a tractor!" She yelled. You giggled at the fact that she wasn't even on the seat, but on the hood of the tractor instead. When the blue lady arrived she said, "Oh sorry. Did I spray you?" You and Steven wiped some of the water off yourselves. "Just a little." Steven said. "Yeah, but its cool." You added. She then giggled and said, "So glad you could make it!" Then the little green one crashed the tractor. "How do you like our little experiment?!" We said happily. "Its awesome! What made you guys want to start farming?" Steven asked. You then zoned out for no reason as they were talking. You then snapped back to reality when the little green person started yelling at some corn and this scared you a little which made you jump. "I MADE YOU IN MY GARDEN AND YOU WILL DO AS I SAY!" she yelled. You and Steven giggled. "You didn't think the corn would just walk out of the ground when you told it to did you?" He told them. "That's not how vegetables work." You added. They both frowned in disappointment. "Then what's the point of corn?" The little one said as she threw the corn onto the ground. "I miss all the pitter patter of quartz soldiers." She continued as she twiddled her fingers. They both looked down. "It does get really lonely around here." The blue one said. "By the way, I'm Lapis. Lapis Lazuli." She looked at you and smiled. "Hi Lapis." You replied. "And I'm Peridot!" The little one cut in. "Hi Peridot! Its nice to meet you both!" You said. "I'm y/n." You said. "Hi y/n. Its nice to meet you too!" They both said in unison. You smiled at them, but then Lapis turned to Peridot when she said, "Anyways, c'mon Lapis. Let's go disassemble the tractor." Then they both turned and went to go disassemble it. Steven frowned and turned to you. "All they wanted to do was make a living vegetable." You both looked down. Then Steven lit up with what seemed like an idea. "Hey! I can make that!" He said, grabbing a pumpkin seed. "What?" You asked in confusion. "Yeah, if I lick plant seeds I can being them to life!" Surprised, you said, "Cool!"
"Garnet told me not to lick things I find on the ground, but this is for a good cause." He then licked the seed, and planted it in the ground.

A.N.

Sorry I haven't updated recently. I've been busy with some family problems, but I promise to update whenever I can! Again, so sorry about it! Thanks for understanding! 😜