Chapter Seventeen: In Which I Am A Psychologist

"I hope you all die painful, painful deaths," I growl, "And if I have anything to do with it, you will."

I have been sitting in the church all night, keeping pressure on the Irishman's ass. Chibs had commanded the Prospect to get me a jacket, so the rest of the guys wouldn't see my new tattoos. Of course he did as he was told. He's not smart enough to know what my tattoos mean, so it's not such a big deal for him to see them.

"I gotta go give Clay an update," Chibs sighs.

"Bring me some vodka, yeah?"

"Deal," he nods.

He leaves and I hear him and Clay talking heatedly. He stalks back into the room with an entire bottle of vodka in his hand. He unscrews the cap and takes a big swig of the alcohol.

"Fuck!" he curses, passing me the bottle.

I take to big gulps and ignore the burning in my throat.

"What did Clay say?"

"We gotta get the slugs out, Clay doesn't care that he has sepsis."

"You're fuckin' kidding me," I growl.

"I'll get the pliers," Juice groans, jogging off.

"You had any experience with this?" Chibs asks me.

"Nope," I shake my head, "Family had a Doctor on call at all times."

"Lucky you," Chibs says, "So did we, until she went AWOL with Jax."

"I got them!" Juice hands the pliers to Chibs.

"Keep him quiet," Tig says, closing the door behind him.

"He's in a mood," Juice glares at the door.

I hear Clay and Unser arguing and look between Juice and Chibs, "It's just our day isn't it?"

"Always is," Chibs snaps, poking around the bloody flesh with the pliers.

The door opens and I see Unser standing with Clay, "Jesus Christ," Unser says as I wave to him from my spot.

Clay closes the door and the three of us shake our heads, laughing quietly.

"Ready to get this over with?" Chibs asks.

"As I'll ever be," Juice answers.

Chibs goes back to the procedure and I step back for a minute, giving my hands a break from the pressure. They feel completely numb and I start to massage them, smearing the blood all over my hands. Chibs pulls a slug out of Cameron's ass and I grimace as blood spurts everywhere.

"Shit!" Juice curses, his voice becoming two octaves higher.

Chibs grabs his hand and stuffs it up into Cameron's wound. The blood stops spurting and I make my way back over to the table. The door bursts open and Gemma and Tig come barging in, just making everything more chaotic.

"What is going on?" Tig asks.

"Well, we got one slug out!" Chibs exclaims.

"This is insane!" Gemma says.

"What are we gonna do?" Juice asks, face turning pale.

"Just keep your finger in his ass!" I yell.

"This is way beyond our wheelhouse! Way beyond it!" Chibs says, distress crossing his face.

Gemma takes off out of the church and Tig's chases after her. After a few minutes I hear Tig yell my name. I walk out of the church and see he's standing by the door.