Chapter Two: Blood And Guts

"What's the Nords roster looking like these days?" Clay asks, looking over at me.

"15 or 16 members, bunch of new kids," I answer, shifting in my seat, "Same extreme hate shit."

"They've got some labs outside of Lodi," Juice adds, "Selling to the Mexicans and truckers."

"You think they're stepping up?" Jax asks.

"Mmmmm," Clay agrees, lighting his cigar, "Only two things feel good in the joint; jerking off and thinking about what you're going to do when you get out. Darby's been in there for three years, I want to make sure all his big shot dreams end up in his cum rag and not on his 'to do' list."

I chuckle along with the other guys, taking a sip of my beer.

"How's his boy doin'?" Clay asks, shooting a look at Jax.

"Fractured jaw, broken nose, and left nut swingin' solo!" Juice laughs.

"Yes, it was beautiful!" Chibs shouts, "That's my boy!"

Jax grins at the praise and I just roll my eyes. If I was in Jax' place, that junkie wouldn't be alive right now. He'd have the other half of the pool cue in his head.

"Audi, Hap," Clay gets my attention quickly, "Any news from up North?"

"Tacoma can help with the Glocks, but M4's are nowhere to be found," I answer, "Sorry."

"Washington, Nevada, Oregon. . . Nobody's got stock," Happy gives me a sympathetic glance.

"We'll have all the Mayan intel by morning, then we'll get our guns back," Jax comes to my aid.

"Treasury?" Clay prompts.

"All the bills are paid, bar's all stocked up," Bobby answers, "Tig's the only one who owes me money."

"Yeah, I'm a little short, catch you next week?" Tig smirks.

"Little Thai boys getting expensive?" Happy jokes.

"How about I slit your eyes and have you suck my dick?" Tig replies.

"Whoa! Easy there!" I laugh.

All the guys join in my laughter until Piney clears his throat, "I have something to say from the club to Jackson, on a personal level."

We all shut up.

"I just want to let you know that we're here for you son," Piney continues, "You're father would be so proud of the man you've become, every time I see you sitting at this table I do a double take. . ."

"That's probably the weed, Dad," Opie says.

"Yeah, yeah probably," Piney answers as all the guys chuckle,

"But we're here for you Jax, anything you need."

"Thanks Piney," Jax replies, nodding his head at the older man.

"Meeting adjourned," Clay says, hitting the gavel against the table.

I stand up and place a hand on Jax's shoulder. He looks up at me and I smile at him, trying to reassure him that everything will work out.

"Audi, come on!" I hear Chibs call.

I grab my beer off the table and follow after Chibs and the guys. Same acrid smell coming from the main room.

"Seriously?" I ask Chibs, "What the fuck is that smell?"

"I smell it too," Clay says, walking away from the bar and towards the pool table.