Chapter 16: Soul Mate

RECAP: Before I had a chance to drown in them once again, I turned on my heel and ran as fast as I could to the place that seemed more magical then this world itself, Edward and Bella’s meadow.

NOTICE: HEY GUYS! HAPPY MARCH! ALMOST THE SUMMER, WE ARE SLOWLY GETTING THERE! ANYWAY, HOPE YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTERJ I WAS IN A TWILIGHT MOOD SO HERE YOU GO, ENOY!

Chapter 16: Soul Mate 

JESSICA’S POV:

When I first cut through into the breathtaking area I automatically felt at home. The meadow itself was home. Sometimes, when I knew that the Cullen’s were clear of danger for the day I would just come down here; lay down on the grass, close my eyes, and get engulfed in the fragrance of the area. To me out of all the high trees and mountains in Forks, this was beyond the most magical.

I wearily looked around at my surroundings out of habit, and quickly tuning in to double check that Bella and Edward weren’t planning on coming down here later. I smiled brightly as I was confirmed that they were staying home. At times I do feel tad bit guilty for using their special place, but in a way this is my place too.

I walked over to the one spot in the meadow that now was officially my spot. Ignoring the damp ground from the earlier shower, I quickly lay back down onto the array of purple and blue flowers. I felt their silky pedals brush against my face, causing me to giggle freely.

I turned my head a little as I took in the beautiful sight that was in front of me. The sun was setting on the horizon and it was an unusually bright state of orange and red at least for the state of Washington. I closed my eyes and allowed my mind to wander towards the events earlier today. Did I really tell the Cullen’s that I exist? That I have been watching over them for all of these years? Hell, they probably thought that I was some professional stalker or something!

Fortunately for them I never got the paperwork done.

I chuckled quietly to myself at my own lameness. But what am I going to do when they want to know more? I can’t just go and tell them that they are basically a story that was dreamt up! They’d think that I was psycho or someone that was really out to get them.

I let my mind to drift into other things that didn’t involve that topic although I knew that it was going to pop in my head sooner or later. I sighed and cracked an eye open and looked to my left, silently wishing that I had my own Edward lying right next to me. I know that it’s pretty farfetched, at least in my world. But it’s not fair to always see all of these soul mates together; it gets me fantasizing on my own.

Now that I have finally showed my existence to the Cullen’s, things will be different, I won’t be as alone. But I just I need someone to fill in this empty gap that I have been feeling ever since my dad and brother left. It hasn’t been the same since then, it feels like a part of me is missing too.

Maybe that was why I was brought to this world. To slowly start to mend that gap that has been expanding over time. I already know that this is their destiny, but maybe it’s supposed to be changing my own.

I pondered this for a while before letting out an exaggerated sigh and deciding that I was being too dramatic. I sat up from the ground and looked to see that it was already getting dark and the moon was starting to show through the thick trees that sheltered the meadow from the rest of the world.

I narrowed my eyes at the quickly darkening sky as I realized that it was time to head back to my own dull world. Getting up from the now cold and uncomfortable ground I froze as I heard the sounds of leaves crunching and twigs breaking under some unknown foot.

I whirled around to face the incoming intruder, my hands now curled up into tight and anxious fists, my feet planted steadily on the ground but ready for attack if necessary.

 As the silhouette of the person came through the shadows and walked gracefully into the open area I relaxed my stance. She stood in front of me as beautiful and radiant as ever, her face morphed into a timid smile that caught me by surprise.

 “Hello Jessica, there is something that I wanted to ask you about.” She spoke quietly, her voice sounding like the most delicate of wind chimes.

 I swallowed back the tiny lump in my throat that was threatening to form and answered her with as much confidence as I could manage. 

“What can I do for you Rosalie?” I asked kindly, and tried on the same smile that she offered me.

NOTICE: HEY GUYS! THAT WAS CHAPTER 16: Soul Mate

 HOPE YOU GUYS LIKED IT, THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ IT! LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!! THANKSJ

Love, Learn, Forgive<3