Chapter 21: You Will Stand Even If I Perish

NOTICE: Hey guys! So this story is starting to get a bit more reads now which is so exciting! Thank you all so much for reading and voting! I would also really appreciate some comments and some fans! Please let me know what you guys think of the story, any comments or suggestions are wonderful. The more comments I get, the more inspired and motivated I am to write more! Thanks again guys, enjoy!

Chapter 21: You Will Stand Even If I Perish

Jessica's POV:

I laughed along with everyone else as Renesmee tried to do an impression of how Jacob transform's into his wolf form. The thing about Renesmee, was no matter how much she grew and no matter what she did, she would always be seen as the most adorable thing on the planet. She turned to look at me, as if reading my mind, and gave me a bright grin that showed her pure white teeth. 

I smiled right back at her and opened up my arms as she came skipping gracefully into my arms. I gave her a light squeeze and released a breath that I didn't notice I was holding. It had only been a week that I had shown my identity to the Cullen's, but they accepted me into their family as if I had already been a member for centuries. Renesmee had become particularly close to me which made me feel even more welcomed. She never hesitated to show me all of her plans for the future with her, Edward, and Bella. When Edward heard these thoughts from her mind, he smiled at her and assured her that they would happen.

I was surprised though when the wolves all started being nice to me, even Paul. I racked their minds hoping to find reason behind this. I gasped when I heard the thoughts of Embry, who considered me to be Seth's imprint. Although there was no rule forbidding it, it just seemed illogical.

The sound of the rain outside, beat at an even pace against the clear windows. The echoing noise, calming me like a charm. Renesmee's hand came up to greet my cheek with eagerness. She showed me pictures of me living with the Cullen's full time and not leaving when she went to bed. The last scene that flashed through my mind, melted my heart into millions of pieces. It was her walking down the stairs and seeing me there waiting for her with the rest of the family with Seth securely by my side.

"Maybe one day." I answered her unspoken question. I didn't like lying to her, but it was necessary that she had free and hopeful thoughts.

She grinned up at me and untangled herself from my arms, only to dance straight into Jacob's. I smiled at the sight of them together, and raised my eyes to only meet Edward's protective ones. He shook his head, signaling not to think that way.

I sighed and shrugged, I didn't want to get into a fight with Edward.

I froze in my spot as I was brought into a vision. It was Charlie walking up the wooden stairs to the Cullen's house. My mind processed that it was only in a few minutes that he would do his 'surprise visit'.

Alice and I spoke at the same time, "Charlie will be here in five minutes." When we finished at the same time, we grinned at each other, and I heard a groan come from the other side of the room where Emmett sat with Rose. 

" It was enough having one psychic pixie. How the hell are we going to deal with two of them guys?" he grinned a huge, catlike grin towards me trying to get me annoyed. Once I pulled my first prank on Emmett, he had freaked out, claiming that he had finally had someone who was ok with a little fun.

"Hey Emmett, try and catch me, bet you can't!" I threatened menacingly and gave him a mischievous smirk. I knew that an angry and frustrated vampire was bad news, but the fact that Emmett was really just a teddy bear, allowed the idea to be an alright one.

He growled at me, standing up and stalking towards me. I mirrored his footsteps and turned invisible the minute that he pounced. I let out a breathless laugh as he fell onto the ground looking confused for a second until he realized what was going on.